Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lowering Springs/kit For Iq2?

en8wall

Anyone got any information if Toyota do a lowering kit for the IQ2? If so any ideas on what's included and cost etc?

Toyota do a lowering kit but I used springs made by Eibach. They give a 25mm drop at the front and a 30mm drop at the rear.

You get four replacement coil springs in the box and very easy to fit I thought. Makes the car sit just right and ride quality is hardly affected but the cornering does improve slightly with less body roll.

Think they are about £160 for the kit.

If you are looking for possible mods have a flick through my thread and see if anything takes your fancy.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/134890-an-iq-called-toya/

Craig.

post-116364-0-34865400-1409295522_thumb.

post-116364-0-89740400-1409295643_thumb.

Just to add a bit. I have the Toyota lowering kit and is as Craig says

David

Here is the fitting instructions for the Toyota kit. Same applies to whatever springs you buy though so still applicable to the Eibach springs.

Hardest thing for me was separating the steering arm ball joint taper from the upright. I had a proper ball joint splitter that operates with a bolt as a lever and managed to break the legs on it just as the ball joint gave. You can get tapered chisel type ball joint tools but these tend to destroy the rubber boot so be careful.

Once done you should get the camber and tracking checked as loosening the bolts allows camber adjustment. Luckily I have a camber gauge at home as well as tracking gauges.

Craig.

AIM 001 470-0_IQ Lowering Springs.pdf

• Like 1

Just looking at the instructions actually and they are a bit over the top.

You do not need to remove the wipers and all the trim under the screen. You can get to the three nuts quite easily with a spanner and I didn't use spring compressors, you can compress the spring by hand quite easily.

No special tools needed either apart from the ball joint removal tool.

Craig.

I have the same as Craig, the Eibach. If I remenber correctly the Toyota ones give a 25mm drop all round. With the Eiback giving 25mm front & 30mm rear it gives the cat a nice level stance.

If you scroll through my thread you will find the before and after shots with tape measure for comparison http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/129583-soeleys-iq/

Interesting Craig. Toyota fitted mine and said they broke their spring compressor on mine. Smells a rat

David

Seriously considering this as I've got my car now and there is a large gap from tyre to wheel arch. If I have the Toyota version fitted it won't invalidate warranty will it?

Shouldn't do. They are a Toyota supplied accessory so if they are fitted by Toyota, can't see an issue with the warranty.

Assuming you can still get the Toyota ones that is. I can't imagine they were a popular accessory with the average iQ owner and with the withdrawal of the iQ in the UK supplies may be limited.

Craig.

You might be able to get them at discount now, I bet Toyota dealers are stuck with any stock of accessories they have now?

There is quite a few options for the IQ to be honest. If I had to buy again I would steer to the H&R springs. The Eibach Pro Kit was good but pretty close to standard in terms of ride comfort. However it gave the perfect stance being 25mm fronts and 30mm rears. The Genuine Toyota springs seem good as they have had well documented reviews both on here and elsewhere. Good luck with your new IQ, you'll start to really enjoy it :)

I suppose with the genuine toyota springs like mine. If there is a problem. You could always say " i suppose they came with the car . Thats the way i bought it". " i don't know anything about springs, i just bought a car. "

David