Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Missing Trim/screw Covers?

en8wall

Picked up my IQ2 on Saturday and really pleased with it.

However I noticed on the black trim in front footwells there are visible white screws that "look" like they may be missing a cover. I've attached pics that show them. They are both in the front footwell on outside edge. For some reason pics have loaded sideways.

Anyone got the same or covers? If you have covers do you they have a part number?

post-123592-140955368718_thumb.jpg

post-123592-140955371089_thumb.jpg

They are all like it unfortunately and the screw is normally the same colour as the body, mine are silver.

There isn't any covers available for them but you could get a tin of satin black Humbrol and splash a bit on the stud, may hide it a bit.

Craig.

Mine is missing from front footwell, rear ones I have glued them in to stop them falling out.

Cheap poor designed plastic fitting in my view.

Lack of attention to detail in design and manufacture from Toyota.

My IQ is the worst car I have ever owned that suffers from cheap plastics in this way.

Craig

That's exactly what I was thinking of doing to my white screws. Glad I've confirmed that's how they are. Beauty of an owners forum.

There are covers for them. If you look at post #12 here http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/162419-aftermarket-navigation-bluetooth/page-2 , just inside my cup holder you will see the little black rubber cover. Once removed they never seem to sick back on.

I'm not convinced they are Toyota parts.

My car never had them and no one took that apart before me and the brand new iQ I looked at in the showroom after I bought my one was just the same. I reckon they are from something else and just been used in that position.

Craig.

I've phoned local parts department. ..they're gonna check for me if there are covers.

None of the new cars I've seen in the showroom ever have anything over these openings either, and I was looking at one at the weekend... :g:

Soeley

Do they have a part number?

Don't know. My iQ was 9 months old when I bought it, one previous owner with 2,300 mile on the clock, so presumed they were on from new??

Soeley

Thanks for getting back to me. If the covers are in place could you post a picture of them in situ or a pic of them loose? If they are not fitted you maybe able to see a part number on them. Many thanks

I've painted my white screws black so it doesn't show now. I'm waiting for dealer to come back with a definitive answer. Also saw that this topic has been raised on here before with the same outcome. If I hear anything from dealer I'll let you all know.

There definitely are no covers/part numbers for them i know the dealer/spares dept very well. but i can tell you that our Verso has the same style pin/lugs and they have push on covers on them. Unfortunately the don't fit on the i Q as they are too large a diameter to recess into the rectangle recess. But i reckon other models may have them that might fit. So a bit of investigatory work required. Another thing is if you take the panel off too many times, the ratchet part of the clip holding the panel on snaps so it becomes loose. A pin cover would be very useful to me

David

To be honest know I can't obviously see them I can live with them how they. Had a similar thing with my previous car, GT86...there were holes in bumper wheel arch lip that Toyota hadn't filled with a plug so owners bought there own plugs to fill them.

Soeley

Thanks for getting back to me. If the covers are in place could you post a picture of them in situ or a pic of them loose? If they are not fitted you maybe able to see a part number on them. Many thanks

Sorry for the delay, here it is.

WP_20140902_006_zps9aa4e57a.jpg

WP_20140902_005_zpsa87d42bd.jpg

Thanks for this. From what I can see they look like a retro fitted screw cover rather than a toyota part. I would assume any toyota part would be hard plastic that would fit flush on trim.

Our verso one's are just a cylinder that pushes over the stud. Not flush fitted. But as i said too wide in diameter to fit in the recess on the i Q

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links