Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mpg Trip Computer Accurate

ziauris

Hi,

Recently started taking my Auris 1.6 VVTi petrol 07 plate on the motorway and the trip computer is showing average fuel consumption as 45.2 miles per gallon. Is the trip computer accurate or not?

Thanks

ZIauris

The trip computer info is likely to be optimistic - and I think this will apply to most cars. The only way to get accurate figures is either to use Fuelly or calculate the consumption yourself using brim-to-brim figures when you fill the car up.

If you want to feel happy look at the computer.

If you want the truth do the brim to brim test.

The truth always hurts :-)

I just bought my Auris 4 weeks ago, computer is stating 55 mpg average, of the two brim to brim fillings I have done, both have returned over 50 mpg, so no complaints so far.

Mine's actually under-reads - the reality is approx 1.5 MPG better than the trip computer reckons. As the yanks might say - 'Go figure !' :)

After 25k miles of keeping records with fuelly, my MPG display works out about 7% optimistic, the real MPG is averaging 60MPG, very pleased with that!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links