Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sr 180

rudy1960

Hi does anyone have much experience with SR180. I have a Golf MkV GTTDI and I m sick of spending money on it just to keep it on the road. So much for VAG reliability. I ve been told the engine in the SR180 is the same as in the Lexus IS220d.

Quite a few members have the Auris 2.2.

The engine was affected by head gasket issues early on - see http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/132178-charliefarlies-guide-to-the-toyota-2ad-diesel-engine-and-its-issues/

So if you're looking at an Auris, those built after Sept 2009 should be OK. The engines that were affected were covered by a 7 year goodwill warranty as in the above topic.

I had the same problem with a 3 DR Golf 1.6 MK5 9 months ago, pain in the ****. Switched to Auris and never looked back!

Great car, just check for a full service history & whether the engine's already been changed under warranty.

Thanks for the replies guys but having read all 58 pages of the 2.2 d-4d saga I think I ll pass on the Auris sr180 I ve had enough problems with VAG over the last couple of years and to be honest cant be bothered to be drawn into yet more controversial engine problems I work as a district nurse and need something reliable for my job. Perhaps a bike or horse and cart might be a good idea !!

I cant believe in this day and age we still have to settle for unreliable junk as transport especially seeing how much we have to pay for it. My old 306 TD from years ago covered over 300k miles before it finally gave up on me and it was peanuts to run. I don't know what to get next as my golf is just about at the end of its life at 160k.

I would not buy a modern diesel now unless it was covered under a warranty! Depending on how many miles you do? I would look at a petrol or electric. PSA group make better oil burners in my view

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love mine! I bought a 57 plate, but it had an engine replacement in 2011 prior to me buying it, so its only done about 40K now. My Wife has a 61 plate 2.0Tdi GT140BHP car. The VW feels more solid and I think handles undulating roads better with better suspension. BUt, I love my Auris....it grips well, corners nicely and goes like **** of a shovel...but most of all, its rare. You really dont see many Sr180s. Its nice to own something a little exclusive

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links