Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Oil Filter Screw Cap

fatsxxboy

HELP !!!!!

had my oil changed today but mechanic couldnt get oil cap off to change filter. tried to order a new cap but toyota say its a special order

does anyone know of any good toyota breakers in the derbyshire / south yorks / mansfield area

post-143297-0-55186100-1409762210_thumb.

I thought there was a special tool to take the cap off? (I'm sure blueprint made a lot of noise a while ago about selling one).... did he not have the tool and wreck the cap trying to bodge it ?

As for car breakers... lots of good ones online.... I got a new wing mirror the other month, quick delivery, very happy. Just have a search for Toyota spares ... and send out a few requests

Looks to me like he got the filter housing off but not the drain plug. Mine suffered the same after always being dealer serviced.... Clamp it in a vice and use a bolt extractor to free off the drain plug. Alternatively live with it and just accept that oil changes are going to be a bit more messy from now on.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links