Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2.0 D4D Engine Whine-What Could It Be?

ghsaunders40

Hi all,

Yet another problem with my auris. I now have a with a whine coming from the engine. It's separate from the turbo, it whines up to 3000rpm after that the diesel clatter makes in in audible. The sound is un related to the gearbox also as I can replicate it at a standstill.

I've booked into Mr T but this is my 3rd visit within 3 weeks and I'm fed up looking at the place. I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

I've had a leaking sump, unexplained non starting - no issue found but potentially the injectors going. They are within tolerance but only just.

The joys!

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

Whine from an engine is almost always caused by a belt, either too tight or misaligned.

But...it could also be a pump motor straining due to a partially blocked filter or fuel line. It could also be something loose being hit by a fan blade or rubbing on a belt or a pulley. Could also, conceivably, be pulley bearings but that's pretty unlikely. Strange noises can be a bit of a pain to track down...