Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2004 4.2 Xt3 Wing Mirror

lovegroove

Can anyone help me in tracking down one of these. I'm in France and the Mr T garage claim that my model, the xt3, doesn't exist and they can't order me a replacement part.

I'm looking for the complete mirror unit with electric motors and heated mirror, preferably with the cover painted in silver for a 2004 4.2 xt3 d4d, 5 door manual.

I would also be really grateful if someone could send me a link to a guide for changing the wing mirror or give me some general tips on what's involved. Is the connector behind the triangular panel or do i have to remove the door card to get to it?

Cheers in advance,

LG

Which side - I'll give you the part number. The coloured Shell is separate and is supplied in body colours. The mirror is retained by a number of bolts behind the triangular cover.

Left hand mirror with heated glass

Mirror Assembly 87940-42700

Rear Cover 87945-46020 (silver 1D4)

Can anyone help me in tracking down one of these. I'm in France and the Mr T garage claim that my model, the xt3, doesn't exist and they can't order me a replacement part.

I'm looking for the complete mirror unit with electric motors and heated mirror, preferably with the cover painted in silver for a 2004 4.2 xt3 d4d, 5 door manual.

I would also be really grateful if someone could send me a link to a guide for changing the wing mirror or give me some general tips on what's involved. Is the connector behind the triangular panel or do i have to remove the door card to get to it?

Cheers in advance,

LG

PM your chassis number and I confirm the correct part numbers which you can then ask the French dealer to order

Thanks for the info. Mr T in France want €300 for both bits, so will now be trawling breakers yards to try and find a second hand unit.

They often turn up on eBay and you may be able to match the colour eg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-TOYOTA-RAV-4-SILVER-ELECTRIC-N-S-NEARSIDE-LEFT-DOOR-WING-MIRROR-/390923483400?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5b04daf908 (this one's scratched - first one I came to)

In addition you can buy an aftermarket version - just under £100. Whichever you buy, check that it's the heated version (match up the electrical connector with yours)

Thanks for the info. Mr T in France want €300 for both bits, so will now be trawling breakers yards to try and find a second hand unit.

Just mind as the mirrors on a RHD and LHD car are different due to the angles they sit at. Just make sure the mirror comes from the correct LHD or RHD car