Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

P1349 - Vvti Oil Control Valve?

KermitTheYaris

Hi all,

I have an intermittent check engine light with a single code P1349 on the 2NZ-FE. Seems to come on and stay on for a few days and then stay off for a few days. There is no noticeable change in performance but there is an occasional hesitation/lurching which has happened a few times but I'm not sure if that problem is related or even exists, it may be in my head.

Done some googling and I believe the fault code is to do with the VVTi system, either the oil control valve or the actuator on the camshaft. Seeing as the valve is easier, I'm going to clean/test that first and maybe replace it before considering the actuator.

Before all of that starts, I've always run the cheapest semi-synthetic oil and cheapest oil filter on all my cars and changed the oil twice a year. I read somewhere that on these Toyota engines the correct oil pressure may not be given if a non-OEM filter is used, so that may also be a possibility.

Anyway, Is this the oil control valve?

post-141222-0-78217300-1410448229_thumb.

post-141222-0-12857300-1410448234_thumb.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links