Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Free Pollen Filter To Anyone Willing To Collect

Planemo

Well like an utter numpty I thought it would be a good idea to change the filter in the Aygo. Imagine my glee when I realised that pollen filters are only fitted to cars with A/C....

So, given it was only £5 delivered and I can't be ubikd to pack it and go to the post office, if any local Aygo owner on the forum wants to collect it from Billericay (Essex) then its free to a good home as this site has helped me out several times.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you still have it? You can retrofit them, I've just retrofitted one to my non-AC Aygo due high amounts of dust and road dirt coming in through the vents, a common problem on non AC Aygos, easy job and took me half hour, just been out for a drive and now have clear air blowing out for the first time since owning the car

Hi, oddly I was going to chuck it out the other day but didn't get down to the shed. How do you retrofit them?! The box under the dash looks to be one piece. Do you need to cut a hole? I would be interested to hear how you did this because I will certainly give it a go!

IIRC there should be a thingy behind the glove box that opens that it can slide into. I can't remember if it needs a carrier like my Yaris. Also I might be mixing my cars up :lol:

pollenfilter_zps65abb3e6.jpg

the pollen filter is under the dash on the passenger side and you will see a white plastic housing

squeeze the 2 sides together and pull the housing down.

hopefully you will have a blanking plate in yours so you can retro fit the filter

with toyota using lean manufacturing one part fits all so maybe the non ac could have

a blanking plate and the ac doesn't

Hi, thanks for your efforts but in my non A/C model that white section (which is actually moulded onto the filter itself) isn't present. Frustratingly, I can see exactly where it would go as on mine there is a rectangle section just where the filter *would* go, but it's moulded into the airbox itself and can't be unscrewed/removed.

Potentially, the rectangle section could be carefully dremmeled out but ideally the whole airbox would need to come out to do it as access is a pain. I believe the dash would have to come out for starters. Would be interested to hear if anyone had actually done it though.

Just took a pic - you can see where it should go. I think it's very possible to cut the necessary section out but as I said, a pain to get to. Why couldn't Toyota just fit a removable blanking plate!

20141014_103920_zpsf0375aa4.jpg

• 11 months later...

Do you still have it? You can retrofit them, I've just retrofitted one to my non-AC Aygo due high amounts of dust and road dirt coming in through the vents, a common problem on non AC Aygos, easy job and took me half hour, just been out for a drive and now have clear air blowing out for the first time since owning the car

SD92 how did you go about retro fitting your pollen filter?