Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq3 Lowering

mk1

Hi All

Hope you can help. I have searched the numerous lowering posts on here but was unable to get a clear answer.

I am wanting to lower my IQ3, the reason is just for the looks and not the handling etc but I don't want the ride to be too harsh or unable to get over speed humps. Can anyone confirm if the genuine Toyota springs are the best? if not which ones would be best for my needs?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

I have the Eibach springs on my iQ3. They are the same drop as the genuine Toyota versions so I wouldn't be surprised if they come from the same source.

You need to buy the ones for the iQ diesel though, The other ones are for the lighter, 1.0 models only.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m14b88s6491p86777/EIBACH_SUSPENSION_EIBACH_SPRINGS_-_Eibach_Spring_Kit_-_Toyota_IQ_%28AJ1%29_1_4_D4-D_01_09_-

The springs are no harsher than the standard ones I reckon, handling does improve but the ride was pretty much the same. Fitting 17" wheels in place of the 16" made more of a harsher ride change than the springs did. So far I haven't scrapped any part of the car on speed bumps or other obstacles so drive carefully and don't mount too many kerbs and you should be fine. :)

Craig.

I have the Eibach springs on my iQ3. They are the same drop as the genuine Toyota versions so I wouldn't be surprised if they come from the same source.

You need to buy the ones for the iQ diesel though, The other ones are for the lighter, 1.0 models only.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m14b88s6491p86777/EIBACH_SUSPENSION_EIBACH_SPRINGS_-_Eibach_Spring_Kit_-_Toyota_IQ_%28AJ1%29_1_4_D4-D_01_09_-

The springs are no harsher than the standard ones I reckon, handling does improve but the ride was pretty much the same. Fitting 17" wheels in place of the 16" made more of a harsher ride change than the springs did. So far I haven't scrapped any part of the car on speed bumps or other obstacles so drive carefully and don't mount too many kerbs and you should be fine. :)

Craig.

Same here. You might have seen this already, but page 3 & 4 covers my lowering springs. http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/129583-soeleys-iq/page-3

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone a eBay link for the correct springs for the 1.33? I read that you need the diesel ones, so I don't want to get the wrong ones. Looking at getting a set for mine, will finish it off nice.

Just to add that i had 18's x 215's on mine that brought the mpg down to 42mpg. As i had them from day one of purchase i didn't really pay too much attention to that but recently fitted the stock 15's and acceleration from start has increased no end and mpg is up to the mid 60's. breaking is more positive as well. Need a compromise really to bring the car back to its great look

David

Hi Ben

What you need for the 1.3 versions are the Eibach springs with the part number, E10-82-034-02-22 and not E10-82-034-01-22

Look the same on first glance but it's the difference between the 01 and the 02 that makes the difference. 02-22 are for the 1.4D models and the 01-22 is for the lighter engine, 1.0 models.

A quick search of the part number E10-82-034-02-22 on eBay brings up a few results for the springs so pick one from there. Just check the part numbers when you get them and make sure they haven't sent you the 1.0 versions.

Craig.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links