Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing Seats

Beags

If theres one of a small handful of things I dont like about my SR180, its the front seats. They squeak and they are boring. Has anyone replaced their seats? Is it easy to do? Ive never done it. Can you fit say Second Hand BMW or VW Seats to the Auris if I got some at a breakers yard?

Cheers

There may be some fitting issues like different rails etc, so you will have to modify it a bit. There are pics of the process somewhere on the internet, I could search when I have time. With seats from other car there may be also compatibility issues when it comes to airbags I guess. Recaro is making nice seats, I've seen them fitted in the Auris.

So here come the pics. I am explaining what happens there:

They compared seats, tried different rails and nothing fitted. They put some construction blocks under the seat, measured comfortable height and constructed custom rails. Also they installed cheater for side airbags. After some time the owner did not like the look of custom rails and found out that it's possible to use ones used on Subaru Legacy.

ebed288s-480.jpg

d7ed288s-480.jpg

3fed288s-480.jpg

201d288s-480.jpg

e01d288s-480.jpg

f01d288s-480.jpg

c7ed288s-480.jpg

37ed288s-480.jpg

f7ed288s-480.jpg

1bed288s-480.jpg

81d288s-480.jpg

Nice I would like to start modding my Auris but I have other hobbies that take my money adding this one specially an expensive one may be a bit too much that or I have to do it very slowly. One of the modification would be this add some better seats, if possible new ones because you never know who has been seating on it. But this is an expensive thing to do and I will probably do it at the end, that if I continue motivated for the rest. So far I have been planning on my head what I want to change but nothing done yet. It is good to know that it can be done thought. Thanks for sharing.