Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto Retractable Door Mirrors

JHRC

I would like to know if any other member modified there car to allow the door mirror to fold in when the car is locked and out again when unlocked.

I purchase this kit from Japan last year and is a genuine toyota part 08645-47040 but not a UK part.

I also know that fitting this could invalidate your warranty but it is great knowing that your door mirror will not be damage when you park away from home and just looking at the car you know that the car is locked.

Does this kit just avoid the need to press the switch to fold the mirrors? If so, then I think it sounds ideal, as having to remember to push a button is a pain. More than 15 years ago my old Shogun had mirrors that folded back as soon as you turned the ignition off, and when I got my newest Prius I was a bit annoyed that I have to push a button to do this.

Yes you just use your door handle or remote key to lock the car and mirrors automatically fold in. Have a look in priuschat forum on the prius 3 and you will see you tube video on it operating

I must admit this is a mild irritation for me. Cheap & nasty Fiestas and the like have done this for many years, but the Gen 1 & 2 Prius didn't even have heated mirrors in the UK, something that's been standard on lots of lesser cars for 30 years or so!

I'm so pleased to have heated and folding mirrors I hardly like to complain, but why can't they at least stay active after shutting down, as the windows do? The number of times I press the fold button, switch off, then want to check in the mirror it's safe to open the door, only to find it's useless!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links