Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Roadside Assistance

helmar

Hi I am just coming up to time to renew the roadside breakdown cover that was supplied when I purchased my Prius. For £66 is it as good a deal as it would appear. Anyone had cause to use the service, and found any problems.

Thanks in anticipation.

Yes and no - had the service since 2002 (you got 5 years worth with a Gen 1 Prius!) and used it a few times (car's never gone wrong, but had to change quite a few tyres!).

Which? have recently given Toyota Roadside Assistance 'Recommended Provider' status.

For car maker branded breakdown services (rather than direct - eg AA), Toyota scored the highest at 86%, followed by Hondacare Assistance (84%) and Jaguar Assistance (80%). Scores for other car maker branded schemes tested ranged from Skoda (71%) down to BMW (51%).

Scoring based on:

• PERFORMANCE SCORE: average of scores for arriving within an hour and fixing at the roadside.
  • CUSTOMER SCORE: based on average overall customer satisfaction and likelihood of recommending the provider to a friend.
  • TOTAL SCORE: average of performance and customer scores.

Yes and no - had the service since 2002 (you got 5 years worth with a Gen 1 Prius!) and used it a few times (car's never gone wrong, but had to change quite a few tyres!).

Thanks for your input.

Which? have recently given Toyota Roadside Assistance 'Recommended Provider' status.

For car maker branded breakdown services (rather than direct - eg AA), Toyota scored the highest at 86%, followed by Hondacare Assistance (84%) and Jaguar Assistance (80%). Scores for other car maker branded schemes tested ranged from Skoda (71%) down to BMW (51%).

Scoring based on:

• PERFORMANCE SCORE: average of scores for arriving within an hour and fixing at the roadside.
  • CUSTOMER SCORE: based on average overall customer satisfaction and likelihood of recommending the provider to a friend.
  • TOTAL SCORE: average of performance and customer scores.

Thanks for the information, makes good reading.

Depends.

We've just opened a Nationwide FlexPlus account that, for £10pm, gives us breakdown cover, mobile phone cover, travel insurance, and extended warranties. Other bank accounts like this are availalble.

I certainly think the Toyota cover is good value compared to the AA, though it all then depends on what other insurances you want.

Like all insurance it's something you hope you never need.

For my wife's safety and peace of mind I have had some form of cover for many years, too many to remember how long. I used it once (not Toyota) at least 28 years ago to get a motor caravan home over a distance of about 25 miles. Fixed the fault later myself.

I have had the Toyota Assistance since buying my Avensis in 2012. I have used it once at home a few weeks ago, flat Battery due to me leaving an interior light on seemingly, the AA arrived within 30 minutes of the call, very courteous engineer who checked the Battery state and charging system before leaving. It's been fine since.

The Toyota service also gives European cover too.

So over the years I have clearly paid more out more than I have reaped. However am not willing to take the risk of being miles away in the middle of nowhere and needing help.

• Like 1

Yes, the inclusion of Full European Cover for a 30 day trip is very valuable, and makes the annual premium extremely reasonable

Hi I am just coming up to time to renew the roadside breakdown cover that was supplied when I purchased my Prius. For £66 is it as good a deal as it would appear. Anyone had cause to use the service, and found any problems.

Thanks in anticipation.

It's the bargain of the year. I think it's like full AA or RAC cover at a quarter of the cost.

Unfortunately I've had reason to use them a few times and they were fine every time. I can't go into details but they have been helpful above and beyond the call. Just keep their little credit card in the slot on the drivers side holder (if you have a gen3).

It's great value, I've had to use them a couple of times, the Engineers arrived quickly, they knew about hybrids, and had me going in no time at all, highly recommended.

Thanks everyone for your valued input, I am just about to do my renewal :clap:

cheers Martin.