Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Spanner Light On Continous

M-Noman

HI

For the last few weeks i have had problem with my spanner light flashing on and off over the past few weeks

My toyota deal benfield in holbeck leeds asked me to drive it on the motorway

The light was flashing when i started my journey from leeds to wolverhampton, the light was flashing all the way

On my way back the light was flashing for about 90 minutes, and after that the light came on contimous (no flashing) any idea why the spanner light would come on like that

My understanding was the light was flashing due to dpf problem, and motorway driving in 4th and 5th gear would resolve that, instead of the light going, it has come on continous

Maintenance Required Light

Turn ignition to 'ACC' and press the odometer button until the display reads actual mileage... not Trip A or B.

Turn ignition off.

Hold in the same button you used in step 1.

While holding the button in, turn ignition to 'ON'.

The 'Maint Reqd' light should blink and go out.

Done!

On a later NLP130 Yaris as yours is the car is fitted with a specific warning light for DPF regen, its an orange light up on the top right of your instrument display that looks like air blowing through a box ( see pictures ) if this light comes on see section 5.2 "steps to take in an emergency" in your owners manual.

The spanner light on your car has two functions:

Flashing:

Oil level too low/high - check and adjust oil level, if level is correct:

Oil quality has degraded too far ( due too excessive short/stop start driving ) - change oil and filter.

Staying on - Its been more than 9300 miles since last reset/service - carry out required service.

Oil quality has degraded too far ( due too excessive short/stop start driving ) - change oil and filter.

Make sure C2 spec "low ash" oil is being used as failure to do so can bring this light on earlier than expected and possibly damage DPF.

Also worth a mention if the lights above come on and are ignored/deleted without appropriate action being taken e.g changing oil/filters, servicing or Regenerating DPF then Toyota can tell this is the case as the info is contained within diagnostic info stored by the car should a fault occur and Toyota can/may deny a warranty claim if it was caused by deleting/ignoring the above lights.

post-45863-0-48532300-1411329912.png

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links