Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lumpy Running Is It The Egr On A 2001 D4D

gaml d4d

Hello

Car is running great except on when gently lifting off the throttle. On lift off it judders and splutters.

Reading through lots of other threads, a sensible start would be top clean the egr and maf. Already cleaned the maf, although it looked fine, and no change to the judders.

There are some really good posts for the egr on later cars but nothing tat good for a 2001 car.

Where is it and is it easy to get off and clean?

Thanks for your help

Graham

this is a picture of where I think the egr is. Does anyone know for sure before I start taking things off?post-68199-0-88910700-1411296202_thumb.j

• 4 weeks later...

I have just had my T180 fitted with a tuning box.The guy who fitted it picked up an EGR fault.

The EGR on my 2007 Avensis is bolted to the very front of the engine,(when you remove the plastic trim) It is tube like,and has a silver pipe running/bolted to it.There are two bolts on the valve head and two (fiddly bolts) on the other end.Remove this pipe and you will see the valve and (the crap!) that builds up in there.

Good luck.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links