Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Megadrive Or Snes Which Was Better

LORD_ED

which is the best  

68 members have voted

1. 1. which is the best

• MEGADRIVE
    • SNES

well i have to say megadrive. i would have it any day over the SNES. had one for a few years. i could never figure out the stupid pad on the SNES and i never liked any of the games. did anyone play Busby on the megadrive?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bibbs

• JappyBeast

• Yarisboy

• Stephen61

SNES introduced us to the world of International Superstar Soccer and will go down in history because of it. We even had the Japanese Version which was called "Perfect XI" & didn't have a word of English on it, then they brought out an English version & the legend was started. It also had loads of brilliant games that weren't available for the Megadrive so it was miles better imo.

SNES all the way

Mario Kart, Zelda, Super Mario Bros.... all genre busting games!

Coolest console on the planet! :yes: Much better than the Megadrive we also had! :thumbsup:

I got a better one, which is better....

Sony Playstation, Nintendo 64 or Sega Saturn? :D

I vote Sega Saturn :thumbsup:

Had the really quality games that you just didnt get on the other two like Sega Rally/Virtua Fighter 1&2/Dead or Alive/Virtua Cop.

Also the Saturn was actually faster and more powerful than the playstation :yes: ....just a shame it was too damn complicated for programmers to make games for... :(

• 1 month later...

I have to go with the SNES, but I also agree with knowlson about the laser gun for duckhunting on the NES, and the games for the SNES were just classic games.

Snes :thumbsup:

Better controllers, cooler gun thing, Mario world, F- zero, Starwing!!!!!!! (or star fox if you prefer)

With the "FX" chip the snes delivered true 3d Gaming... did the megadrive have an equivelant???

I also had a nes :thumbsup:

they all sucked balls

i used to go outside and crash my pushbike/set fire to things :lol:

they all sucked balls

i used to go outside and crash my pushbike/set fire to things :lol:

And you've turned out so well..... :lol::lol:

Megadrive all day long...

If nothing else because the joypads looked like Batman gadgets-

Why oh why won't someone make a basic scrolling Streets of Rage for a modern console?!!

It would sell millions of copies!

agreed, the little black lad on the blades used to kick ***** :D skating around kickin ***** + all that :lol: and you could pick up pipes and beat on some mother with it!!! what was he called?? wasn't the muppet with the mullet caled axel?

found him!!!!

Eddie "Skate" Hunter

sor2_skate.gif

and this was his best attack!!

sor2_moves_skate_dynamitheeadbutt.gif

Round my neck of woods the only one to have was Sega. Snes looked as though your sister would want to play it.

In my experience SNES players were real geeks or people who went on to own Ford Orion Ghias

Think its was an early indication of your Chav potential.

Mario...honestly....

Yeah, the kid at school who weren't allowed to watch tv had a SNES- nuff said!!!

Can't believe I didn't mention Road Rash II earlier, as gnome said, one of the best games ever, remember that jump in Hawaii when you had the nitro charged Diablo?!!

You'd jump so high you'd be off the screen for a couple of seconds!!!

AWESOME!!!

Round my neck of woods the only one to have was Sega. Snes looked as though your sister would want to play it.

In my experience SNES players were real geeks or people who went on to own Ford Orion Ghias

Think its was an early indication of your Chav potential.

Mario...honestly....

Ahem - AND Zelda! :lol:

• 1 year later...

I'm a bit torn here because as a kid I owned the megadrive - as did most of my mates, but 15 odd years later, I still have a SNES in the house (it's in memory of my Uni days where we'd get drunk and hit Mario Kart till we passed out :D.... hmmmmm I'm going to have to go for the SNES I think by virtue of me still owning one.

snes still got it and still use it. Mario kart is THE ultimate game so was world cup striker and many others . As for the 64 a drunken night out followed by 4 player goldeneye can never be beaten either! :P

shut upppppppp

mega drive all the way man

sonic was life changing n will always be king ding-a-ling

Sonic is over rated and very shallow, once you had played the first level you had played them all!

Oh and the Megadrive controllers were well cheap feeling!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links