Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tein Lowering Springs

Hazzard

Not me, I have Eibach.

Not heard of anyone using them on this forum either so probably not.

I'll do a Google for them now and see what they are like.

Craig.

Cheers Craig. been looking but no one looks like they have used them on a iq. What size wheel and tyres are you using with the Eibach if you don't mind

Just found the Tein website.

Look good, only for the 1.0, 3 cylinder models though by the looks of it and with a 35mm drop. The Eibach springs quote a 25mm drop front and 30mm rear so the Tein springs seem a bit more extreme. I haven't found any issues though with speed bumps or anything so can't imagine another 5mm will make all that much difference.

The wheels I have on my car are 7" wide by 17" diameter with an offset of ET42. Tyres are Toyo Proxes T1-R in 205/45 17 size and all seems to fit fine with no problems to report. :)

Craig.

Do springs make much of a difference to handling or are they more for the look? and does the ride become alot more crashy?

i've always found they have, as you have a lower centre of gravity and are stiffer springs than standard. coilovers are the best way if you really want better handling tho but not cheaper and i think only two company make them i think. bc racing and tein

I don't think he lowered springs are stiffer as in different spec of material than standard, just that they have less coils so have less give in them. I have the Eibach, same as Craig and I don't think they really make it much harsher. Just seems to tighten the suspension up a bit.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links