Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windscreen Rattle On Rav4?

MentalMickey

Hello again,

I'm curious, has anyone experienced a slight rattle in the windscreen on their RAV ( mine's a D4D ), and if so what was the cure?? <_<

Mick

Have a look at the panel that covers the Battery.I've come across several vehicles where the clips don't secure it properly

is it a tapping noise from 30ish mph to 70mph? if so i have seen the scuttle pannel coming away,

fix....

remove wiper arms and plastic pannel and place foam pads on the contact points, that cures it 9 times out of 10.

just out of intrest have you had a new screen fitted???

dan

I haven't replaced the windscreen, in fact I haven't even seen the car yet, I'm offshore here looking for oil, and my wife collected the car just after I left for work. If you look at the scratches in RAV4 article, thats mine, like I say, a bummer as I haven't even sat in it yet!!

Thanks for the advice tips, I'll take it up with Toyota whan I get back next week.

Mick

If it's a brand new vehicle or just been bought from a Toyota Dealer then would it not be advisable to take it back to Toyota and etthem to fix it under warranty ?

If I'd bought a new car I'd be a PITA with any niggles that I found, I'd be screaming blue murder until it was right...

Yep It's brand new, and it will be sorted when I get back. I'm just looking for some ideas to present to the dealer when I get back to the UK - hopefully point him in the right direction, and yes, if it's not sorted I WILL be screaming blue murder - and If I find the "person" who ran the shopping trolley down the door on the car I'll tie their ears under their chin as well!!

Cheers

Mick

Regarding the windscreen rattle:

There's a dealer fix, performed under the new vehicle warranty, which involves sticking self-adhesive pads to the panel at the base of the windscreen.

Thanks for all the information folks, it looks like this may be a fairly common problem on the RAV. ;)

I should have it sorted by next week or shortly after.

Cheers

Mick

I have the dreaded windshield rattle on my 2001 Rav4. I have taken it to the dealer 3 times to fix it and it is still there - only worse. The last time I took it in the dealer told me that if the noise was not fixed this time there was nothing further he could do - "it's out of my hands" he said. All subsequent emails and telephone calls to Toyota have remained unanswered. My windshield rattle is so loud that it drowns out the radio! I'll never buy a Toyota again.

• 7 years later...

I guess quaid got rid of the RAV pronto! Interesting to dig up this old post as it helps to confirm my findings about the weakness of the RAV Shell and the undue stress put on the windscreen as a part of the rigidity strength design.

Its only getting on for 8 years old Bothy so why not dig it up. Are you bored or something :thumbsup:

nope - my nummer wan RAV has developed a leak at the windscreen again!! It sitting in my new garage with the fan heater running full blaw in the passenger footwell to thaw out the skating rink. :censor: :censor:

Naffed off having re-carpeted the car, and had a new screen fitted a year ago.

Besides, I don't have a job sleeping in stuck trains like some I know :lol: :lol: :lol: Just stuck in the house wi ma computer reminiscing (took 3 hours to find that word).

Are the trains oan ramorro cos ma niece is travelling frae Glasgae tae Kent by the train - West Coast I think, to wherever Kent is (near Penzance??)

nope - my nummer wan RAV has developed a leak at the windscreen again!! It sitting in my new garage with the fan heater running full blaw in the passenger footwell to thaw out the skating rink. :censor: :censor:

Naffed off having re-carpeted the car, and had a new screen fitted a year ago.

Besides, I don't have a job sleeping in stuck trains like some I know :lol: :lol: :lol: Just stuck in the house wi ma computer reminiscing (took 3 hours to find that word).

Are the trains oan ramorro cos ma niece is travelling frae Glasgae tae Kent by the train - West Coast I think, to wherever Kent is (near Penzance??)

Mega rail disruption in Kent - wrong type of snow and waaaay too much of it. Ironically, here in this part of Glos. only an inch at most :unsure:

Virtually all ours are running (Northern England)

Virtually all ours are running (Northern England)

Is that a Virtual train or a real one?? :lol: :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links