Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remote Locking Problem On Corola Verso

Gonefishin

Hi all. Advice needed please. Today the remote locking on my 08 Verso decided to be silly and not work at all on either key. Drove to the local T dealer to get new batteries fitted (FOC). On arrival there the remote decided it would work just fine so I locked and unlocked the car a half dozen times no problem.

However, to be on the safe side I got new batteries in both keys and in the dealers car park they again worked fine and dandy n (sorry about the Forest Gump bit).

After the 30min drive home the remote just ignored me and would not respond at all. The door mounted internal central locking button worked OK.

Note. The indicators did not flash and the red flashing alarm "activated" light is flashing constantly irrespective of whether the doors are locked or not.

The alarm does not sound when I unlock the door with the key.

Where do I start looking for the solution please.

Where is the sensor fitted,I was told once it is behind the interior mirror mount ,not that holding the key fob within 6 inches of it or anything else causes it to work! :fireman:

Thanks in advance

Try moving the car somewhere other than home or the dealers, if everything works OK at the new location then there is something local to your house that is blocking the remote signal, if this is the case trying to find out what the cause is can prove very difficult to fix

Thanks Lee, I will try it at work tomorrow and post the outcome good or bad!

Well, last thing before bed last night I tried it again and got nothing. First thing this morning i tried it again and it worked just fine and has continued to function correctly all day in a number of locations including home!

Puzzled.

Well, last thing before bed last night I tried it again and got nothing. First thing this morning i tried it again and it worked just fine and has continued to function correctly all day in a number of locations including home!

Puzzled.

• 1 month later...

Did you ever resolve this Gonefishin? A mate of mine has a similar problem with his Rav 4. He's tried new batteries in his keys but his remote locking still only randomly operates!

Hi Bigvern10, No I never got to the bottom of the problem BUT it has gone away, at least until next time whenever that will be!