Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Trip Meter Question

RonBin

Purchased a brand new Yaris on Wednesday 24th but cannot understand the trip meter as it tells me I have already done 216 miles??? are there two settings, one for KM's and one for MiIes please??

RonBin

The trip A/B function contains a decimal point e.g. 21.6miles, what does the Odometer setting say you have covered?

Devon,

Thanks for your reply. I have the following:-

1) Range 33.1

2) AVG MPH 16

3) 000 MILES 135

4) Trip Miles 135.2

5) Trip B Miles 135.2

6 MPG

7) AVG MPG 41.3

Needless to say, the above is not how the figures are shown on the screen. I am assuming that I have done 135.2 miles since I filled the tank?

How do I find out how many miles the car has done since leaving the factory please?

RonBin

(Paignton, .Devon)

1. Is your fuel tank range, I suspect its reading 331 as it does not show a decimal point. This cannot be reset manually, it calculates range based on fuel left in the tank ( excl 10litre reserve ) divided by your average MPG. You must also add more than 15 litres of fuel for the range to include the additional fuel.

2. Is your Average speed in MPH since the counter was last reset.

3. Is actually ODO and is your Odometer, this is your actual mileage covered and cannot be reset.

4. TRIP is a independent trip counter and can be reset independently of TRIP B

5. Is the same as the above.

6. Is your instant MPG and reflects current driving ( will jump up and down constantly )

7. Is your Average MPG since the counter was last reset.

Settings 2,4,5 & 7 can all be reset by selecting the counter then pressing and holding the selector button until they clear. Also worth a mention is when you have your headlamps on an additional option appears in the cycle which allows you to adjust the dash illumination this is done by holding the selector button and releasing on your desired option.

• Like 1

Ah! I learnt something, always thought my dash was too bright at night.

"when you have your headlamps on an additional option appears in the cycle which allows you to adjust the dash illumination this is done by holding the selector button and releasing on your desired option"

Thank you

Thank you very much, very explanatory and useful. Now off to our garage to have a play.

Thanks once again.

RonBin

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links