Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rwd Starlets

duncsrwd

I am after a 3 door rwd starlet for my son to learn to drive in but i am having no joy finding one at all, are they the preverbial hens teeth or what!!

any offers of advice/sales would be gratefully received, if they are so rare i thought they may feature more here in the classic, but all is quiet,

also have a yaris, in fact we are on our second one, de wife loves it!!

Personally never knew they did a RWD Starlet, I would imagine you could have a lot of fun with a few modifications to that.

What a lucky son you must have, much better to drive in a RWD drive car than a FWD imho, lot more fun to drive as well...

RWD Starlet 1978-1984 KP60

993/1155/1290cc in-line 4 cylinder OHV, max= 83mph 0-60=14.9sec

1.3 not being available until 1982 so earlier examples are probably knackered due to their small engines, and Toyotas (like most cars) of this period are very rust prone.

This car replaced to Toyota 1000 Publica and was superceded by the FWD Starlet (1984-1990)

:D

Did we get them in the UK then?

I'll have to have a look for one, imagine it with the turbo engine. :D

i have a rwd starlet running 4age motor posted couple pics in members gallery (its for sale!!!) starlets are so rare because all the short circuit race boys used them because they where a light rwd car .

thanks for the replies, checked short circuit, the road car was sold, sounded like just what we wanted, the quest continues, please keep eyes and ears open, will travel, i am on south coast, there is one out there with my lads name on it somewhere we just have to find it!!!

hey tjajtoymota, whats yours up for then? is that it on your mail?

4-age motor will hurt my boys insurance i'm sure, take it out and sell me the Shell, what do you reckon???

want around 2000 for it !not a lot of Shell left got ford front suspension 2.8i discs princess calipers,2.8i antirollbar,ledacoilover struts,adjustable rosejoint tcas,quickrack,uprated engine & suspension mounts,stainless rosejoint top mounts,alloy hubs. coilovers on rear lsd ae86 rear axle complete with discs five linked & rosejointed with link bars through rear floor adjustable,rose jointed adjustable panhard rod,halfshafts machined to ford pattern.alloy petrol tank.fiberglass seats & kruss harnesses.any excess weight stripped from shell(just needs polly windows)4age engine t50 box,engine standard apart from k.n.filter cleaned ports ashley 4branch & 2.5 ashley system.shell steel stockrod bodykit & hotrod rear spoiler .got cage, bias pedal box,spare set 7j alloys & a few spare to go with it .paint does need couple touch ups :D yes pic on the left.was built to sprint/hillclimb but have used on road and will put years ticket on it.

serious car!!! thanks for the detail, my lad likes it a lot, he has no chance getting insurance for that though!!

the skirts and arches are really what he wants as well, not really up on toyota bits though, does your engine/box/ axle come from the RWD corolla (the only way i can describe the one i think it is sort of wedgy shape, again very rare now, didn't the rally boys use them a lot?)

you should compete in it and see what it can do, how long up for sale/why?

apart from Yaris, we also have a pug 205 diesel with 185K which goes like nothing on earth, oh and a sunny/pulsar GTiR and that does go like nothing on earth!!!!(mine)

engine from fwd ae82(same thing)box axle from ae86 rwd corolla yes.selling because i also own ae86 corolla see pic.hard choice but 1 has to go and cant bring myself to part with corolla which i hope to soon fit 4agze supercharged motor B)

If your still looking for a suitable Starlet for your son, I'll ask around as there are a few kicking about up here. Unfortunately they are very rare because of their huge success on the ovals. I raced a couple of them in the 90's and is a superb handling car. Heres a piccy of Colin Higman's superbly presented car for this season.

SR_778.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Take one rwd starlet, add 4agze turbo, w55 (supra) gearbox, hilux diff setup, 25psi, antilag, 60hp shot of nos and you have.....

glenn%204agte%20front.jpg

yellow%20starlet%20-%20turbo.jpg

Looks like fun what bellhousing do u use and how do u sort the computer or do u have to use aftermarket mapable brain

Its was a custom made bellhousing as the w5* box never came out with a 4age bellhousing.

A link ECU (NZ made) computer was used. It was sent back to LINK for a re-program to include the anitlag function (comes standard in the linkplus ecu). The 4agze ecu is limited in its use with a turbo setup as its ign/timing maps are not really suited for the turbo application. Saying that they will map to 14psi before hitting the boost cut so are a good start.

At 18 psi Glenn pulled a 13.1 sec quarter mile. Huge traction issues unfortunatly. He's currently in the process of building a 1uz mid mount twin turbo kp starlet. Tubbed rear etc. Currently looking for sponsorship too.

glenn%20drag%20front.jpg

glenn%20drag%20cage.jpg

:D what sort of bhp u getting was going to 4agze my ae86 but may have just sold it :( so looks like i will have to throw it in my starlet instead.Not looking at dragging it (maybe rwyb)hoping 4 about 190 bhp think ae86 axle ok but unsure of t50 tranny,what do u think :wacko: TJ

HP? Dunno. Glenn never got round to putting the car on the dyno but he sure should have. He once estimated at around 350hp that was a pure guess.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links