Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bushes Important?

Johan007

What I want to know is could I just ignore paying £180 and buy luxury tyres instead of sport tyres to compensate? That’s what I have done and ride is no longer hard. Is this an ok idea or should get them replaced.

The car is old an 2001 T-Sport that I don’t want to sell with 110k on the clock. I do clearly see one bush under the suspension spring is pretty much slid off.

Worn bushes can affect the steering and roadholding, and depending what condition yours are actually in, could be an MOT failure.

What has changing tyres got to do with worn bushes?

Take serious note of Mikes comments above.

I assume the worn bushes are making the ride harder and he is compensating for that by using squishier tyres.

Some bushes you can ignore for some time (Yaris ARB drop link bushes for example!), but some you really should change. If it's the ones on the end of the suspension arms I'd be more inclined to fix that!

You have a Mk1 Yaris T-Sport which is a lovely car and the best of the T-Sport Yarises IMHO - Give it a bit of TLC! :) :wub:

Exactly which bushes are worn anyway?

I assume the worn bushes are making the ride harder and he is compensating for that by using squishier tyres.

I assumed that Cyker.

But if my brakes are worn I would'nt compensate by fitting extra air bags. lol

Bushes important? Well, yes, otherwise they wouldn't be there. Safety aside, if a bush has slipped out of position, you'll be grinding metal against metal so you'll soon have an even more expensive repair. They don't put the things there for the hell of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Bushes important? Well, yes, otherwise they wouldn't be there. Safety aside, if a bush has slipped out of position, you'll be grinding metal against metal so you'll soon have an even more expensive repair. They don't put the things there for the hell of it.

I had not considered grinding metal on metal!!!! I thought bushes are purely to prevent overly shaking the car to bits hence solved the issue with some Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance.

They are worn on the rear suspension arms and I guess I dont want to have to replace the arm itself. A repair for next summer when I have some money, money, money.