Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo High Fuel Consumption

Ahsan.Ausaf

Hi Guys,
I recently purchased a used Aygo approximately 80,000 driven and I was really looking forward to drive it with its nice fuel consumption. But as I drove it I got reqlly disappointed, gave me a 250km in a full tank. Also one time I drove 30 km and a 10 liter petrol was finished. Its eating up fuel. Got the tuning done, changed the fuel injector, cleaned the fuel filter and got the plugs cleaned. Nothing is working and I am in Pakistan where Aygo is a rare car. Don't know what to do.
Really looking forward to some tips. I don't know what to do now :(
Thanks in advance.
Best,
Ahsan

I do a mixture of motorway driving and a bit of city driving at quieter times of the day (early in the morning and mid afternoon UK) and I usually get 300 miles (482km) from a full tank driving 30 miles a day. Fill ups are usually a week and a bit or nearly two weeks in between. This is a 7 month old 2014 Aygo that's done about 6k miles so far this year.

• Like 1

This is great. I definitely sense a problem. The fuel consumption changes and that too tremendously. Very confused :(
482 is amazing
Thanks for your response Wiz201
Best!

I recently took my daughter to Heathrow,300 mile round trip cost me £27.66 which equates to 21 litres,brilliant on fuel

Yeesh that is pretty bad :(

What have you looked at already?

Easy tings to start with are the air filter (Is it dirty? Blocked?) and tyre pressures (Generally you want them between 30psi and 40psi; The closer to 40psi the better the fuel economy but may give worse grip on loose surfaces and rain.)

Other things to check is the oil; The 1.0VVTi is quite sensitive to oil and if someone's been putting in, for instance, 10W40 instead of 5W30, that will impact the economy.

Also, what is the quality and octane of the fuel going in? I noticed in the USA we seemed to be using up much more fuel than we should, but it turned out the common fuel at the time was something like 87 AKI whereas we use 95 RON over here!

where you are driving is it high above sea level as the higher you go the thinner the air gets and the richer your fuel mixture will become = less mpg

U should be getting near 60mpg unless your in town or trying to keep up with traffic. Compared to a modern family car diesel the Aygo is disappointing out of the city. The tank should get 400 miles for around £40 or more.

We get around 375-450 km per tank in our Aygo automatic (MMT), on mixed driving. I think your fuel in Pakistan is probably adulterated with some cheap thing or and has low octane.

• 5 years later...
On 10/12/2014 at 10:02 PM, rajivrattna said:

450 km per tank in our Aygo

That gives us 7.7 L/ Km which is still a lot to what Toyota Aygo advertising for 4.5 L/Km.

I bought A toyota Aygo 2011 used, and it is heavy on petrol i am very disappointed as a student from south africa, that the main reason why people want to buy urban ( small cars ).

it takes 35 L for 390 Km which gives us 8.9L/km like a 4x4 consumption. I took it to many garages and none could solve the problem. some they have change the plugs other the oil, mixed the flue injector cleaner with the unleaded, other one change my engine belt and the sensor. and it still heavy on petrol. It feels like to solve it they wanna change the whole engine.

City driving will make the consumption higher than driving on a motorway.  Are your brakes binding? 

Over the last 10 years I've consistently got 50mpg (4.7l/100km) over a mix of town, motorway and rural roads.

On 10/8/2020 at 2:05 PM, Wad aygo said:

I bought A toyota Aygo 2011 used, and it is heavy on petrol

What you haven't said is what type of driving environment your Aygo is used in - eg. city stop/start traffic, rural, mixture of city and motorway, etc. The consumption information you've give relates to approx 31.7 miles per gallon (Imperial/UK). Manual or Multi Mode Transmission? Is air con used, and how often? Just yourself in the car or passengers? Which country are you in?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links