Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2007 Auris Fuel Consumption

justinbarrow

I have a 2007 1.6 petrol Toyota Auris. I filled the tank to full where the pump clicked off twice, the gauge was showing full. I travelled 95 miles on mostly straight and even A-Roads averaging 55 mph, I decided to fill the tank again on my return and the car took 13.11 litres (nearly 3 gallons) to fill it back to full again at a cost of £16.51 for the 95 miles.

On working this out the car only averaged 31 mpg and this is on a run, Is this normal with other Auris owners as i thought I would at least be getting 45 mpg.

Just wondered what everyone else is getting on a run, I mentioned it to the dealer who told me they are not the best on fuel, I have had the car for just 8 weeks so still getting used to things, Thanks everyone.

sounds about right, i would expect 35-40mpg. i would also do it just to the first click that way you can be accurate

Alex

I have a 2007 1.6 petrol Toyota Auris. I filled the tank to full where the pump clicked off twice, the gauge was showing full. I travelled 95 miles on mostly straight and even A-Roads averaging 55 mph, I decided to fill the tank again on my return and the car took 13.11 litres (nearly 3 gallons) to fill it back to full again at a cost of £16.51 for the 95 miles.

On working this out the car only averaged 31 mpg and this is on a run, Is this normal with other Auris owners as i thought I would at least be getting 45 mpg.

Just wondered what everyone else is getting on a run, I mentioned it to the dealer who told me they are not the best on fuel, I have had the car for just 8 weeks so still getting used to things, Thanks everyone.

Converting the 13.11 litres to imperial gallons works out at 2.88 gallons. 95 miles divided by 2.88 gives 32.98 mpg. So from my quick calculation the car is doing slightly better than you think. See Honest John's Real mpg info for the Auris 1.6: http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/toyota/auris-2007/16-vvt-i

Have you done things like check the tyre pressures, etc.

My car is also the 1.6 petrol version, 2008.

On a recent motorway run my car averaged 36 MPG, going at speeds between 60 and above, around town my car averages approx 34 mpg.

These are summertime readings and i expect those figures to drop with the onset of winter.

Sounds like mine is normal then - I have checked the tyre pressures and all are fine. I would thought it would of been better on fuel than it is having 1.6 cars before maybe it the VVT-I workings of the engine.

Luckily I am not doing massive amounts of mileage but if i was doing around 24,000 miles per year would probably look for a change.

Thanks for the posts and the link to the Honest John fuel stats.

Have to admit I'd have expected a bit more than low 30's MPG from a standard 1.6 - even my old Fiat Bravo 1.6 managed 42 in the summer & 38 in the winter. That was a mixture of roads & conditions too, so things obviously haven't improved much. I guess that's one reason why 1.6 petrol engines are slowly being dropped from some manufacturer's ranges (the Focus for example).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links