Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Steering Lock

MEP's Yaris GS

Its come to my attention that my PiP doesn't have a steering lock that engages when I turn the car off and go to exit it, like 99% of other cars do (even those with keyless entry). I normally move the wheel to engage it on all other cars I've got / had.

Is it a case of one isn't fitted or is it defective? Have other PiPs, or Gen3 owners got steering locks which engage when exiting the car?

Try moving the steering wheel when the power's off.

I also doubt any thief will want to be nicking a hybrid. The insurers don't seem too concerned either as the insurance grouping is quite low considering the size of car.

• Like 1

It very likely does not have one. My Prius does not have one, and if I recall correctly neither does the Gen 3.

My understanding is they had become pretty useless when the thieves discovered how easy they were to defeat. I don't know why the car manufacturers kept them for so long?

• Like 1

I suppose its pointless as with the transmission lock the car can't just be rolled away unless you've the key.

• Like 1

Like a SAAB they lock the gearbox. Without the key fob in the dashboard I can't see how you can steal one.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links