Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 2007 Mods & Some Doubts

Grippen

Hi guys,

As I said in another topic I recently bought another car but kept the Auris because its diesel while the new one is gasoline. Plus the car is fully paid and was only in my hands so I know with what I should count, not to say it is cheap in terms of taxes for a 5 seater. I considered buying a 2 seat but it would be as all used cars are a big question mark.

Over the last year I had some expenses with it namely the turbo and the power steering ECU. If it wasn't for this maybe I could have applied more of the mods I'm considering for him. I decided to keep the car so it is a good time also to make it more personal but above all improve the look.

So the first thing I did was change the wheels. I don't have them yet, but they are payed for just waiting for the arrival. I snagged a great deal for a set of used 4 Dotz Hanzo wheels and tires 17''. Because the front tires had to be changed already and because I found these it was the perfect time.

Now I will list the other modifications I want to make on it. Not sure when because it will take some time to gather some more cash for them. Some are clear others are not. In fact for some I would like you guys to clarify my doubts.

1. Front bumper lower grid: put the same type of grid of the top (honeycomb) on the bottom one

2. Side skirts (didn't decide on the types I want to see the several options

3. Rear bumper of the 2009 Auris restyle with an actual air diffuser in the middle that could more or less hide the exhaust like it happens in the Megane's GT Line

4. Paint all those parts in metallic grey (dashboard, door handles etc..) in piano black or with brushed metal film.

5. Replace the hande brake with the 2009 Auris restyle one. Is this possible? What else has to be changed.

6. Harmrest of the 2009 Auris restyle. Do I have to replace the entire central console? Is it still compatible with the remaining? Is this an actual harmrest or is still too low?

7. Steering wheel of the 2009 Auris restyle. Can this be done using the 2007 airbag or do I have to change the airbag also. Any compatibility problems since the 2009 steering has a button for the display? Can this button be wired to make it workable without major problems on the ECU?

8. Final step is to get better seats but this is really the last one, didn't see any options yet.

Thanks for the help

Answer for:

3. you have to change the rear bumper together with rear lamps;

5 and 6. replace the brake handle, armrest and central console too;

7. replace the steering wheel together with airbag, spiral cable and fit an additional wire for display button, regardless ECU functioning (route the cable from clocks and spiral cable) - I fitted one and works great.

8. you can fit any seats you like and put a 1 200 ohms resistor (if my memory doesn't mistakes) in airbag seats connector in order to airbag alarm to not be shown on display.

Thanks for the tips I did not know the tail headlights had to be changed also.

I did not understand some of your comments:

"route the cable from clocks and spiral cable" you mean the cable for display button behind the dashboard? Can you detail it a little bit? I won't be doing this now but I want to keep this for future use. A sort of schematic would help a lot.

"put a 1 200 ohms resistor (if my memory doesn't mistakes) in airbag seats connector in order to airbag alarm to not be shown on display." Again can you provide a quick schematic of this. You lost the airbags on the seats right? I would like to put some that will keep or have airbags still working.

Thanks

Yeap, you have to dismantle the clocks and solder a single wire behind the existing button then solder that wire backside of new display button and another button terminal put it at (-).

Regarding seats, if you choose ones that have not airbags, you should cheat car airbag ECU connecting a 1 200 ohms resistor to car's seat connector, otherwise display will show "check airbag" message. But if you find some nice seats with airbag it will be all right.

http://toyota-corolla.ru/rm04f1ru/ewd/index.html Here you can find all the diagrams you need.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links