Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Heating

beepee

I'vw had my Auris Hybrid Icon for about two months now and I have to say it has the most complicated heating and climate control system I have ever experienced. Up to the Auris I've had various Hondas, Accord, Civic, CRV, even a S2000 and none of them had anything as unintuitive as this!

Totally agree, this climate control is terrible, i have it on my 2011 i hate it!

Complicated in what way ?

There are three ways to turn the fan on or adjust it to start with. Never sure whether you've got the heater or the air conditioning or the climate control on. I had the fan on low continually via the left hand dial for two weeks without realising and only found out how to turn it off by reading the handbook. It should be instinctive.

I too have problems with my Auris Hybrid Excel heater controls, it appears that on AC that operates the warmth as well as the cool but I seem to have to turn both temps up to 25 or 26 to get any decent degree of heat into the car. Maybe I too need to go back to the handbook (if all else fails,,,,,,, read the instructions !!! ). Other cars I have driven seem to have separate AC and heating controls or a proper Climate Control that changes automatically from AC to heater.as the temp control is adjusted. Am I doing something wrong?

Joe

The old Auris with automated climate control you just put it on auto and set the temp. After that it automatically switches the A/C on. If it's cold outside then it starts to heat up, if not, cools down that is it. Press off and the fan is off but the climate control is still working. Meaning that the air that comes in is still aclimated to the set temperature. It just comes slower that with the fan.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm a newbie here and would like an answer to a couple of questions. How good is the heating in the Auris Touring Sports Hybrid Icon +?There seems to be quite a number of critical comments in various threads. Is it possible to have nice cosy toasty feet and reasonably fresh air to face? Are back seat passengers catered for with back seat heating vents or do they feel cold? I currently drive a Prius and heating is ok but I'm considing an Auris T S Hybrid and would like to think that the heating is at least as good.

There was previously a lot of discussion on the Hybrid/Toyota Prius forum re the Auris Touring Sport heating. Apparently it does not have heating vents serving the rear passenger compartment.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links