Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Differential? Auris 2009 D4D

jennyauris2009

Hey Guys,

First time poster and need some help! I have a 2009 d4d auris. I've driven it since new and have had it serviced regularly (however not at a main toyota garage)

Yesterday i noticed a grinding noise while driving, the noise entirely disappeared when I clutched to change gears, but is obvious in every gear. There are 67,000 miles on the clock - my mechanic thinks that the differential is gone, and I'm preparing for a hefty bill.

Is it just bad luck that this has gone so soon, or is it a fault in this model? If I get it repaired is it likely just to go again?

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated,

Regards,

Jenny

Hello Jennifer - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Haven't come across any previous topics which raised issues with the Auris differentials.

Topic moved to the Auris club to generate more responses

If noise is present even when car is stationary and disappears when clutch pedal is pressed, this must be an used clutch release bearing.

Hi tavy - there is no noise when stationery, just when driving, it disappears when clutch is engaged to change gear

If noise is present even when car is stationary and disappears when clutch pedal is pressed, this must be an used clutch release bearing.

Hi

I would also say that this sounds like the clutch release bearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links