Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Knocking Noise From Rear

Hazzard

Hi can anyone help, my car has a knocking noise from the rear now and again mainly when I turn right ( roundabout ) I've check the spring and they look fine and pushed up and down on the rear suspension and nothing :(

Sent from my iPad using Toyota OC

The only noises I've heard in back of my IQ are when I haven't secured the rear seatbelt buckles on their hooks.

• Like 2

3 things come in mind ...

Broken spring...

Rear-Seat-belts...

Plastic venting thing (=plastic flap that closes the opening in the rear to let the air go only outwards)...

Thanks for the help seat belts are plug in. So I'll see if its the plastic flap

Does the little plastic tray behind the seats have the turn clips either side of it to hold it in place? Mine has them but they were not fitted when I got the car and the box rattled until I put them in place properly.

Loose things in that box can also rattle and knock about.

Check the bushes on the dampers too as they could be worn but that would probably knock all the time over bumps.

Craig.

I seem to remember a few posts on this forum some months ago that "eluded" to a rear nearside suspension knock from the IQ.

When I was looking to buy an IQ nearly two years ago I test drove 2 IQ's that had it and chose not to buy them because of it, this may be a different problem to yours I'm not sure.

Craig, you wrote: "Does the little plastic tray behind the seats have the turn clips either side of it to hold it in place?"

Sorry if I missed the obvious, but are you referring to the plastic grill panel attached the rear bumper area, or the removable boot box with the flappy lid?

Chris

2012 iQ² with red leather upholstery ☆ upgraded interior lighting ☆ white backlit dashboard/switches ☆ auto-folding mirrors ☆ keyless entry ☆ chrome exhaust ☆

The removable boot box with the flappy lid. :)

If you open the lid and look at the sides there are holes which allow plastic turn plugs to be fitted and locates the box against the side trim. If these are missing it can rattle and bump around.

Craig.

The removable boot box with the flappy lid. :)

If you open the lid and look at the sides there are holes which allow plastic turn plugs to be fitted and locates the box against the side trim. If these are missing it can rattle and bump around.

Craig.

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem and solved it exactly as you describe .

You might want to put someone in the back who can see if they can identify where its coming from. I also had one seat that wasn't clipped into place and would knock/tap on corners

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links