Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Drivers Side Heater Control Knob Not Selecting Temperature Well

chrisjeffery1

So I just picked up my new Avensis (2010) and on the drive home, I have found the heater control knob on the drivers side a bit temperamental. When constantly turning the dial up, it goes up half a degree, or a degree up, before dropping back down again. I managed to get the temperature up eventually after lots of twiddling, but something is clearly not right. The one on the passenger seems to control the temperature as you would expect.

I have done a search, but can't find anything, so guess this isn't a common issue. Does anyone have an idea what might cause this, or more importantly, hwo this might be fixed?

Any help gratefully received!

• 1 month later...

OK, I still haven't managed to get this fixed, and it is now chuffing cold! I'm close to biting the bullet and taking it to Mr. T, but I fear it will cost an arm & a leg going down that route. If anyone else has experienced this, or have any thoughts, I'd be very grateful!

when was the car registered? If June 2010 or later it has a 5 year/100k warranty.

If you bought it from a car dealer they have to give you a certain minimum warranty (iirc 3 months).

It does have the 5 year warranty, but bought private and the service history, while present and OK for me, wasn't done when the mileage dictated. I have had a passenger airbag replaced and just had confirmation the warranty covered this, but it took a while before Toyota decided to take this route. So I'm not convinced they'll look so kindly on a non-safety issue. It is booked in next week now to see what they think.

• 1 year later...

Hi Chris I have the same problem as u also driver side  as well. 

Did u get it sorted. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links