Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aux Kit For 2003 Corolla

sohail-94

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a new toyota corolla 1.4 2003 T3

I wanted to get an aux cable which fits into the cd changer port but no idea which port is the cd changer on the back or which aux kit will be compatible.

Thanks in advance for your help

Pics are attached

Hi Sohail.

I use a connects2 device and it works great. Had it for over 3 years with no problems. Google it.

Also look at Xcarlink too. Others have tried these with excellent results.

Be aware that around 2004 ish the CD changer socket on the rear of the head unit changed, but the picture of the socket you posted is the same as mine (the early version). It changed to a smaller "more condensed" socket.

Any questions, please reply.

Cheers

Hi Sohail.

I use a connects2 device and it works great. Had it for over 3 years with no problems. Google it.

Also look at Xcarlink too. Others have tried these with excellent results.

Be aware that around 2004 ish the CD changer socket on the rear of the head unit changed, but the picture of the socket you posted is the same as mine (the early version). It changed to a smaller "more condensed" socket.

Any questions, please reply.

Cheers

Thanks for your reply but is it the bigger or smaller socket the CD changer one mate? And I am currently looking at this one but it says it fits a cd changer socket so not sure if it would fit :/

Says compatible with upto 2004 models

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=181136228310&alt=web

thanks

Hi Sohail.

The second picture down shows the CD changer connector (7 pin row and 5 pin row underneath).

The Connects2 USB I have looks to be a later one than the one you listed. Mine has Phono, SD card and USB inputs. CTATYUSB001 is the model.

Take a look at Connects2.co.uk and search under Toyota - Corolla - 2001-2004.

Cheers

Hi Sohail.

The second picture down shows the CD changer connector (7 pin row and 5 pin row underneath).

The Connects2 USB I have looks to be a later one than the one you listed. Mine has Phono, SD card and USB inputs. CTATYUSB001 is the model.

Take a look at Connects2.co.uk and search under Toyota - Corolla - 2001-2004.

Cheers

Yes i had a look at that one mate

does it show which track is playing? On the stereo display

Thanks for your help

Unfortunately our model stereo won't display track name / title, just the track number. The later version stereo does tho, but don't know if it will fit without wiring adapters.

Unfortunately our model stereo won't display track name / title, just the track number. The later version stereo does tho, but don't know if it will fit without wiring adapters.

Thanks for all your help mate

I bought this one and fitted it in and does work nicely :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350872115890?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And do i need to worry about timing belt in a corolla 2003 1.4 vvti T3 because after searching online I am being told mixed answers

Also last question is do you have any idea how to change the stereo clock from 24hr to 12hr

thanks

Hi Sohail.

Good to know you got your stereo sorted and thanks for letting us know.

The 1.4VVTI engine is timing chain, not belt. You shouldn't have anything to worry about unless there's been a lack of maintenance. My 1.4 T2 is on 80.000 miles and is still very quiet.

The clock should be adjustable via the options menu. To access this press the mode / ent knob on the right hand side of the stereo. You then rotate the knob to the option you want (ie clock) and press the knob again to select. Then you rotate the knob again to the desired 12/24hr setting. Once set, just leave the stereo alone for a few seconds and it will automatically go back to the normal display.

If you want to keep an eye on mpg, press the Trip/Navi button until it shows the average MPG, pressing again and holding the button down until it beeps will reset it to zero. (this works for the average speed too).

Anything else, just let me know.

Cheers

• 9 years later...
On 11/3/2014 at 4:52 PM, sohail-94 said:

Thanks for all your help mate

I bought this one and fitted it in and does work nicely 🙂

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350872115890?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And do i need to worry about timing belt in a corolla 2003 1.4 vvti T3 because after searching online I am being told mixed answers

Also last question is do you have any idea how to change the stereo clock from 24hr to 12hr

thanks

for anyone here years later that has lost the images, I have the same W58814 stereo (newer with smaller white plug for ext CD)

google something like

Car Audio MP3 USB Interface Aux Adapter For Toyota Corolla

you're looking for a pic like the attached, white plug that'll fit the stereo pic he's got above, wire to square box with yellow label (white label version had the wrong pinout in my experience) and a 3.5mm jack and a USB jack

51IqehuCHHL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg