Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please Help, My Wifes Killed The Car.

0murt0

Hi all i have a 03 avensis new shape.

i will not bore you with everything.

went to start the car some lights came on but no crank etc. she left the keys in the ignition over night.

i tried jumping the car with my other car, and i must have done it wrong and blew the 100amp fuse

i called the rac out and they tested the Battery 7vots

took it to get recharged, fitted new 100amp fuse

all lights come on car

tried to start and nothing just cranks ------ the starter motor is less than 8 months old.

things i noticed. -- the c.d/ radio wont switch on, and normally when key is in ignition sat nav comes on but this time nothing.

Rac checked all other fuses said everything was good.

any help would be great.

regards

Forget the Easystart Joe, it wont help.

I hope I'm wrong but the ecu may be at fault.

Pete.

Hi Joe, welcome to the club.Sorry that your first posts have to be about problems.

On some rav4s there have been faults with the auto gear changes that were cured by remedial work on the ECUs

Quite a lot of members on there sent the faulty units to a company called ECU Testing in

Derbyshire.Check out their web page,they may be able to help.

The price was close on £200 and a discount of 10% was obtained by a much missed member called Anchorman for the members.

The password for this discount was "Don"

Might be worth giving them a bell but check their web site as they will need certain info as mentioned on there before they can say if they can help you.

Hope this is of some use to you and again welcome

Del

i would start by checking all the fuses again including the 100amp do not take the RAC word that they were all sound.

If something is going to cost 200 i will not be doing it.

the car needs to go its a money drain now. i have to top up with oil all the time. i have replaced the engine once before.

its time.

i was hoping that it would be a quick fix like the ( spray.)

one thing i did noticed the coolant is very low but coolant in the over flow pipes.

we do not have a thermostat due to it failing last year

also we have no blowers in the car as the motor has stopped working

but all that is irreverent.

if i am not mistaken i am missing two things if it cranks.... a spark and fuel?

the 100amp fuse was from car world not Toyota branded would that be a problem? looks different inside more like a x shape than the - line shape in the one that had blown

the 100amp fuse was from car world not Toyota branded would that be a problem? looks different inside more like a x shape than the - line shape in the one that had blown

The brand or shape of the fusible link does not matter. As long as it correctly rated that is all that matters.

Have you checked the EFI fuse? A clue is when you turn the key to ignition position, the EML light will illuminate, then extinguish when the engine fires.

If the EML does not illuminate look for the EFI fuse and see if blown. Just trying to help eliminate find possible cheap causes.

• Like 1

see if the rev counter jumps a small amount on cranking, that will confirm a pulse from the sensor, if it does that rules out immob

100 amp fuse blown probably caused by reverse polarity of jump leads, ECU almost certainly destroyed along with goodness only knows what other electronics.

Sorry but it sounds like time to scrap it.

go on eBay and just get a used ecu, maybe £60-70, but make sure you get the keys for it as they are immob coded to the ecu

May have to agree with Phil and Revband and replace is the ECU. One thing I forgot and Phil has reminded me. The crank sensor!

All this may not matter now.

see if the rev counter jumps a small amount on cranking, that will confirm a pulse from the sensor, if it does that rules out immob

hi just been out to the car, when i crank the engine the rev dial does jump

The brand or shape of the fusible link does not matter. As long as it correctly rated that is all that matters.

Have you checked the EFI fuse? A clue is when you turn the key to ignition position, the EML light will illuminate, then extinguish when the engine fires.

If the EML does not illuminate look for the EFI fuse and see if blown. Just trying to help eliminate find possible cheap causes.

efi light ? i dont have one. the only lights that stay on when i crank are Battery oil

hi guys right i have started checking more fuses. and your right. the RAC man must be blind

15a ig2 is blown

• Like 1

She lives !!! i replaced the 15a fuse and she fires up. can't believe it. note to self never trust the RAC

• Like 2

hi guys right i have started checking more fuses. and your right. the RAC man must be blind

15a ig2 is blown

She lives !!! i replaced the 15a fuse and she fires up. can't believe it. note to self never trust the RAC

Joe,

Glad to hear that it was something as simple as a fuse.

My moto which I have taken from other members, "start simple and cheap".

I hoped it was the fuse, because another member had a similar issue and phoned me when he broke down. He had helped jump start another car, and there was problems doing that. I told him to check the fuse but he had called the breakdown. When the breakdown attended, he told them what i said and the car was fixed.

Remember, the fuses protect the ECUs, so check them before the more complicated and expensive stuff.

Happy ending. :clap:

• Like 2

hey all i am bringing this back from the dead.

i have come across some problems.

since getting the car working. the Battery light stays on i have disconnected it cleaned and reconnected still stays on. ( this is a recharged Battery ) 4 years old.

second

sat nav does not work nor does the radio.?

checked all fuses and all are fine. unless their is a fuse box in the car?

i went to the garage that recharged the Battery and the alternator charges it fine.

this is not the problem

the main problem is that im having the thermastat fitted in a garrage tomorrow but the heaters dont work in the car. will i need a new heater motor the one behind the glove compartment or not ?