Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help! Poor Engine Response 2Ad-Ftv Engine

andy750

Hi all, I have a 56 plate 2.2 D4D it has a 2AD-FTV engine which has 125,000 miles on it. When I pull away from a junction when the engine is warm I find that engine response is poor, when its in 1st gear it takes up to 1500rpm before the engine power gets to the wheels and therefore there is a small delay when I pull away, ie, I could set off from a junction and the vehicle speed is slow until it gets to about 1500 rpm then it goes as per normal, sometimes it happens when I'm going slow in 2nd gear as well. I've tried to pull away in 1st, 2nd and 5th and 6th gear with the hand brake on testing the clutch and it seams fine. Would any of you guys have come across this problem before. I hope I explained it clearly thanks in advance.

It sounds the same as the problem I had with my 2.2D4D. Cause - blocked EGR and inlet manifold. Cleaning just the EGR may not be enough.

So how easy is it to clean the EGR and how would I go about unblocking the inlet manifold? Cheers

If I was to remove the EGR Valve cooler pipe would coolant drop out and if I was to remove the coolant pipe and the clean the EGR then place the EGR coolant pipe back on would it cause a air lock in the coolant system ? cheers

If I was to remove the EGR Valve cooler pipe would coolant drop out and if I was to remove the coolant pipe and the clean the EGR then place the EGR coolant pipe back on would it cause a air lock in the coolant system ? cheers

You'll get a little spillage but not much at all. When I did mine it didnt cause any problems with air locks.

But dont make the same mistake I made and just clean the EGR. Clean the manifold too. I didnt simply because I didnt know about it. Now I have to go through all that trouble again.

Cleaned the EGR valve thanks to a screw driver, brake cleaner and the good wife's hoover and as for the coolant pipe I don't know what I was thinking when I asked if coolant comes out of it lol :bangin: thanks for all your help guys :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links