Do Not Sell My Personal Information

And Its Goodbye From Me.

pgp001

After four years in the RAV I have fairly reluctantly traded it in today. It is eleven years old and expensive repair costs are not going to be cost effective any more. It had a new rear and mid exhaust last week which cost 10% of the value of the car daft as it sounds, so time to let go while everything is still working OK.

I thought long and hard what to get as a replacement, I only do short runs and my annual mileage is only about 6000, so a diesel would not be a good idea, so with a fairly limited choice of suitable vehicles I have decided to get a three year old Skoda Yeti 4x4 1.8 TSi petrol model. Bring on the snow and lets see if it is a match for the un-stoppable RAV.

Anyway thanks to all those who have freely given advice on this forum during the past four years.

Phil

• Like 1

Excellent choice and very good in the snow depending on the tyres fitted. You should get around 20% fuel consumption improvement compared to to your Rav. Some of these engines drink oil and a litre in 1000 miles isn't unusual - check the level religiously - many owners have caused engine damage by allowing the oil level to drop too low.

Yup, I'll second that. My brother has a Yeti & likes it a lot .......

The petrol Yeti is currently my no1 choice when mine becomes beyond economic repair . In Feb 2015 I need four new tyres ,say £400 and in February 2016 a new cambelt. The exhaust and glow plugs must be on borrowed time .

The new RAV is way out of budget -looks like the Yeti is the new RAV for the average earner.

Just got my Yeti last Thursday, and so far it is more than living up to expectations, dare I say it is a nicer drive than the RAV !! with lots more gadgets on board.

If anyone is interested I have advertised my spare RAV4 rear parcel shelf and Haynes manual in the for sale section.

Phil