Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Automatic

Shid786

Thinking of buying wife the above. What's the automatic like is it reliable and what are the common problems?

Thanks

Shahid

I bought an Auris Hybrid and not having driven an automatic for years was a little hesitant. However, I found it a joy to drive and trasmission changes not noticible at all. The Auris uses CVT drive which is not like the older transmission systems. No need to force the transmission down when going up hill and economy is great. There is also the "Power" option with the car much more responsive, useful when overtaking and up steep hills.

So far I have not had any problems and the car has done 35,000 miles.

Depends which automatic Auris you're considering.

The first generation (2007-2012) petrol and diesel models use the Multi Mode Transmission - which is a manual gearbox with automated clutch. Can be problematical and expensive to repair.

Both generation Hybrids use an ECVT transmission.

The second generation petrol and diesel Auris (Dec 2012 onwards) for the UK market use a CVT transmission

My budget was £5000 so looks like the first generation which means the problematic MMT transmission which is putting me off:(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links