Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Limp Mode And Code P2002

SRSTEVE

Had my 2008 Auris SR180 now 2 and a half years , its done 62000 miles and I have done 30000 miles in it, has full Toyota service history,used Shell V Power and now the Nitro+ every week , top up oil with Mobil 1 ESP and it still goes into limp mode !!!!

Code p2002 is the DPF below threshhold I'm guessing u do some motorway miles in it to get about 13000 miles a year out of it ... Maybe it has never done a regen and it's blocking up .... Nitro+ has a higher a

cetane rating I'm sure as well ... However Mobil1 esp is the right oil with the required stats to meet what these engines need ...

i had this in first week of owning our SR180. toyota said EGR valve was stuck open so they cleaned it out, forced regen, reset codes and EML/limp mode hasnt happened since, but im still having issues with smoking exhaust but that could be something different to you.

cleaning the EGR valve is something you could do yourself and if you have an OBD gadget you could then reset the code and see if it has worked.

The smoking is it needs to do a proper regenerative a forcedbregen doesn't do a lot also invest in some DPF cleaner and use it in a bit of excess

Sorted ! EGR valves stuck open. Had to have it replaced + ecu update = £550

On the plus side the car now goes better than it has ever had in the last 2 and a half years.