Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anodised Valve Stems During Winter

Speed_Chaser

Does anyone have experience of using Anodised valve stems during winter season when there's salt on the roads? Would be happy to hear if it's realistic idea or not.

Are you talking about engine valve stems? Surely not?...

Never heard of such a thing! Unless you mean the dust caps...? :unsure:

Dust caps are part of the valves, yes. Please take a look to understand what I'm talking about:

VS-2BK-2.jpg

• Like 1

I like this valves, but you can consider this kind of invisible valves as well.

gallery_83611_1219_126059.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good but seems excessive considering how often tyres are changed and the valves are normally changed with the tyres but that's my opinion but like I say they do look the part ... But maybe for just a set of winter wheels so they don't get used a lot apart from this time of yea and higher salt levels like you say maybe then worth an investment how much are they

Well I guess they're worth testing as they look nice and the price isn't that bad. They cost me less than £20, excl. shipping.

Tavey, those are cool! Didn't even know about such valves, thanks for the tip. I will investigate further to see which materials and colours are available, then try to decide which option would be best and is it worth testing.

BTW talking about invisible valves, this came to my mind. I was searching for valves and came across one webside of guys who modify BBS rims and use special valves on some of their projects to hide the valves completely and clear the lip. They cover the hole completely then make a new one on the backside and route it to be reached using bent valve. There are many examples on their website called spinfab, you can check it out. But beware of hardcore wheel !Removed! there.

Here you can see the hidden valve stem if you look closely:

hidden-valve-stem-1024x682.jpg

And here's just couple of very nice wheels found on their website:

IMG_0614.jpg

Picture-3.png

Wn_23Eoj_XGUgW4nIGQk5K40MMoOuuspuhopeAE6

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links