Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Lowering Springs By Tmg

aaron_auris_sr180

Do these specifically lower the SR180, I cant see on the website any Auris models,it just says Auris.

I bought supposedly lower springs for my SR180 made by Eibach, about 2 years ago, fitted the fronts and there was no discernible lowering , although we forgot to measure before and after so I cannot be certain it was zero change. I did notice a bit of a change In the handling, there was a particular bend on the way home where the front suspension would crash if you didn't slow down enough but that no longer happens, but still doubt myself a little on that . As we were not sure at the time we had just not foolishly replaced like for like we didn't fit the rears, as a mate was doing it for me, however I am now fitting them at the end of Nov just in case they are better and I need the set for full effect. Long story short my old SR180 springs will be for sale £40 + delivery, fronts had 20k ish and rears 55k.

You probably bought the Eibach Pro-kit, as I did 2 years ago. It only drops the ride height about 10mm, but as the SR is lower than all the other Auris models anyway it's low enough for me. The handling is improved (especially on roundabouts & down twisty roads) & ride comfort is still very good. Ideally I'd like coilovers for more body control, but I think the springs have been worth the money.

Just for interest - the Pro-kit springs are made by Eibach & so are the standard fit Toyota Motorsport items that come from the factory.

Yes your right Uncle B, they were the pro-kit. I feel a lot better now :)

did you replace the bushings too when you fitted the springs?

Nope, they were deemed to be in perfectly decent condition - so left as standard.

• 1 month later...

Im a little confused then...the SR180 is quite a lot lower than the standard Auris...Im guessing around 35mm....if I fit these Eibach springs, wouldnt the ride height go up?

Er the conclusion is that the Eibach pro kit lowers the SR180 by 1 cm in addition to stiffer handling.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links