Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water In Sparewheel Well And Wet Back Seat

PFJ

Hi all,

I am looking some guidance from anyone who has experienced the same or similar misery with their aygo. I have found rain water in the spare wheel well (about 300 no - a can of coke worth) and a partially wet back seat and also wet boot carpet a d slightly wet rear driver side floor carpet.

Today I removed and cleaned the rear light assemblies and rear high brake light and then reassembled applying vasaline around the seals. I also sprayed silicone spray around door, window and boot rubber seals. I mopped up all water and currently have a dehumidifier to help dry it. Of note, the roof material around the high level light is bone dry and the wet seems to have occurred after getting the car power washed then we had a massive downpour of rain.

Time will tell if this has made any difference but has anyone else had this? If so please could you tell me what the issue was.

Thanks

If you do a search within the Aygo forum, you will find several topics on water leaks, which also include remedies to fix the leaks.

toyota should of named the aygo "tetlley" as the water can flood through just like the tea bags

Hi all,

I am looking some guidance from anyone who has experienced the same or similar misery with their aygo. I have found rain water in the spare wheel well (about 300 no - a can of coke worth) and a partially wet back seat and also wet boot carpet a d slightly wet rear driver side floor carpet.

Today I removed and cleaned the rear light assemblies and rear high brake light and then reassembled applying vasaline around the seals. I also sprayed silicone spray around door, window and boot rubber seals. I mopped up all water and currently have a dehumidifier to help dry it. Of note, the roof material around the high level light is bone dry and the wet seems to have occurred after getting the car power washed then we had a massive downpour of rain.

Time will tell if this has made any difference but has anyone else had this? If so please could you tell me what the issue was.

Thanks

The Aygo is unfortunately prone to water ingress, if the leak is confined to the boot area then the following are known leak points:

Centre stop lamp. Toyota redesigned the lamp gasket to a thicker gasket part # 81570-0H010. Fixed October 2013 >

Rear panel vents behind bumper x 2. Toyota redesigned gasket from foam to rubber part # 62930-0H012 x 2. Fixed November 2011 >

Rear lamp gaskets. Toyota redesigned the lamp gaskets to a thicker material part # 81555-0H080 & 81565-0H080. Fixed February 2012 >

Tailgate glass stoppers ( above lamps ) Replace the stoppers with new but seal with butyl tape before fitting part # 90541-09124. No Production change field fix only

Other known issues:

Antenna base, Replace antenna base and seal with butyl tape. Fixed June 2008 >

Door weather strips: Toyota increased the seal thickness and added a sealant inside fitting channel and added gutter seals: Fixed June 2009 >

62311-0H014 x 2 Fr 5dr

62331-0H014 x 2 Re 5dr

62311-0h024 x 2 Fr 3dr

62381-70020 x 2 5dr Not fitted at factory field fix only

62381-70010 x 2 3dr Not fitted at factory field fix only

Door seal drain tapes. Toyota fitted small stickers to the underside of the doors to guide water away from sills part # 67270-0H010 2 per fr door 1 per rear. October 2010 >

Front door speaker membranes. Toyota redesigned the membranes from foam to closed cell foam part # PZ473-90240-01 Only on April 2009 February 2009 models

Front door panel membranes, Poor sealant application replace and reseal membranes Fixed September 2011 >

67831-0H010 5dr

67832-0H010 5dr

67831-0H020 3dr

67832-0H020 3dr

Anyone with water ingress issues and a car less than 5 years old should visit their dealer as there is a 5 year warranty extension for the water ingress above

in our 1st aygo an 2009 plate we had all of the boot leaks except for the high level brake light leak toyota did repair these leaks under the extended warranty and also the water pump under the extended warranty as there are issues with these pumps failing aswell.

overall we must be happy with toyota as we bought a 14 plate aygo in march this year no leaks to mention in this one

• 3 weeks later...