Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Built In Sat Nav

wiztaff

Hi everyone...........new member and new RAV4 owner (2004 model 5 door)

I am contemplating replacing the radio with one of these :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-2-Car-DVD-Player-GPS-Sat-Nav-For-Toyota-RAV4-HILUX-Terios-VIOS-YARIS-Camry-/191418883401?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2c91745d49

mainly for the built in Sat nav capability. (not really interested in the DVD bit.

Anyone have any experience of one of these?

Is it just a swap over of existing plugs/leads, or is it more complicated?

Any info will be much appreciated.

post-144810-0-72536500-1416428387_thumb.

Fairly straight forward to fit the hardest part is feeding the gps antennea through the glove box and up the door frame. It all clips off easy enough though so aslong as your gentle you will be fine :D

The glove box pull open wider when you give it a harder pull to allow you to feed the cable behind it.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what comes with your new setup but you'll likely need a harness converter (Toyota to standard iso) in order to connect the existing multiplug into the iso socket on the new unit - around £10.

Yes thanks gjnorthall,

I have already purchased the ISO to Rav4 converter, the only problem I now have is that I need to sort out how I am going to retrieve the steering wheel button useage.

The unit I eventually settled on was an Xtron android unit, but the steering wheel wires on the harness don't go to a plug.

I rang nexxia tis morning, but they don't do a patch lead for Xtron models.

At a bit of a loss how I am going to proceed with this aspect!

You'll need a harness connector with control adaptor - something like http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-Avensis-Rav4-Steering-Wheel-Control-Stalk-Adaptor-for-Pioneer-Stereo-/251006995401?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3a712ecbc9

I don't have details of the unit you're fitting so I'd suggest talking to a local car audio outfit in order to select a suitable adaptor. With some units - it's just not possible / practical to retain the steering wheel controls.

I am just wondering how good the sat nav capability is of this particular radio fitment, do you have any feedback or assurance on that? I see they include a 4gb map card, but who's maps and where of? The factory fit sat nav in my old 07 Prius was not great, but better in my current RAV4. A Tomtom seems so much simpler, easier and cheaper and could easily be hard wired in to give a more permanent feel as it were.

I am just wondering how good the sat nav capability is of this particular radio fitment, do you have any feedback or assurance on that? I see they include a 4gb map card, but who's maps and where of? The factory fit sat nav in my old 07 Prius was not great, but better in my current RAV4. A Tomtom seems so much simpler, easier and cheaper and could easily be hard wired in to give a more permanent feel as it were.

I have gone for an Xtron with an android operating system so can use any apps that are available on the apps store -

I have both memory map and Co pilot which I have used on android and IOS phones and IPADs in the car with no problems.

Using Co pilot on the android platform should present no problems

Ah! I see, I had not appreciated it was an android device. Good luck with the installation.

Thanks lads.

I went ahead with the install today, and it is a superb bit of kit and is working well.

The only downside is that I cannot rig up the steering wheel controls as it needs cutting and splicing of wires and I am not going to start doing that, but to be honest it is something that I can live without.

The Android aps download easily and my Go Pilot app has been installed and it is working great!

Can I ask, do you loose the fuel computer mpg reading from the orginal toyota unit ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links