Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dog Guard?

danwel

Apologies for all the questions but i am looking for a dog guard for my 2006 Rav4 and seen quite a few options out there from genuine toyota ones to Saunders dog guards.

The genuine Toyota ones do look the business and look spot on but they are the best part of 175 quid.

I have also seen what is described as a dog guard but is essentially a luggage cargo net and again that is a genuine toyota part and wondered if that would do the job but my gut feel is no and that there is the chance of my dog chewing it.

i have also seen the generic type and in particular the Saunders T96 which looks decent enough but its main attachement point is 2 straps via the rear headrests.

So just wondered if anyone has any experience with any of the aftermarket dog guards or is the age old buy cheap buy twice situation and i should just get the genuine part and be done with it.

cargo net wouldn't stop your dog in an accident unlike a proper metal dog guard. In my experience, the ones made specially for your car make are the best and worth spending money on.

cargo net wouldn't stop your dog in an accident unlike a proper metal dog guard. In my experience, the ones made specially for your car make are the best and worth spending money on.

That was my thinking but they are around 120 pound more so quite a significant difference

That was my thinking but they are around 120 pound more so quite a significant difference

well its up to you really :)

There are these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Toyota-Rav4-Dog-Guard-Rav-4-Upper-Dogguard-/350740176313?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item51a9be5db9

https://www.travall.co.uk/toyota/rav4-5-door-xa30-2006-2012/travall-dog-guard-tdg1128?gclid=CLuj77-bj8ICFZSFfgod4ZsAIA

You could also try sending Parts King a personal message, detailing your car and what you want. May get some discount on the genuine Toyota dog guard. For Parts King, go to the Community page, scroll down to Sponsor's Corner and Lindop Toyota.

There are these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Toyota-Rav4-Dog-Guard-Rav-4-Upper-Dogguard-/350740176313?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item51a9be5db9

https://www.travall.co.uk/toyota/rav4-5-door-xa30-2006-2012/travall-dog-guard-tdg1128?gclid=CLuj77-bj8ICFZSFfgod4ZsAIA

You could also try sending Parts King a personal message, detailing your car and what you want. May get some discount on the genuine Toyota dog guard. For Parts King, go to the Community page, scroll down to Sponsor's Corner and Lindop Toyota.

Thanks i will drop him a PM, Seen some "Universal" ones and they look ok but i still can't help but feel as has been mentioned on here that a genuine Toyota part would be my best option and it is back to the old addage that if you buy cheap you buy twice.

• 3 weeks later...

Went for the genuine Toyota one from Lindop as recommended by people on here. The fit is really good if quite expensive but i had to spend time googling for instructions for installation as it came with none but other than that i am very happy with it

• 5 weeks later...

We are trying to find a dog guard for a 3 door RAV4 that will fit behind or on the back of the front seats as we have removed the rear seats and also a boot liner to fit this space any ideas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...