Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Unable To Open Boot

elziko

Hi,

I have a 57 plate Avensis estate which has what seems to be an electronic boot release. When I try and open the boot I depress the button but nothing happens (no noise or anything).

Since it is an electrical release there must be a fuse somewhere and this will be my first port of call. However, looking in the manual I can't seem to find it mentioned anywhere.

Can anyone tell me where the fuse is or give any other advice?

Thanks!

where do you think that you have an electronic release? Do you mean the button on the tailgate?

Iirc there is a bit in the manual about how to open the tailgate if the release fails.

where do you think that you have an electronic release? Do you mean the button on the tailgate?

Iirc there is a bit in the manual about how to open the tailgate if the release fails.

Yes, the button on the tailgate itself seems to be an electrical switch. When I press this, nothing happens.

There is information in the manual about releasing from the inside but I am trying to fix the actual problem.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem. How did you fix it?

I bought a new switch from Toyota (I think it was about £50) and street I fitted it, it's all been fine.

• Like 1