Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Landcruiser Lc4 2010 Kdss Message Light

Amiyanji

Hello,

I have a 2010 Landcruiser LC4 with 90K miles on it. In the last few days I am getting KDSS message light on the dashboard after diving a few miles. When I switch off the engine and start again, the message light is not there but comes up after driving a few miles. any ideas what might be wrong.

Thanks

Sorry, would like to help, but I have an 06 LC and there are no references to KDSS in the manual. Hope that one of the members will get back to you with some advice. Maybe best to get a diagnostic check from your local maintenance/repair/garage.

Cheers

KDSS is "Kinetic Dynamic Suspension system" if there is a warning light coming on then the car is detecting a fault within the suspension system. You will need to have the car plugged in to determine what the code is relating to.

If the fault codes are C1812, C1831/32, U0122 then there is a technical service bulletin from Toyota ref # CP-0103T-1212 which requires a new modified KDSS pump to be fitted due to water ingress to the pump causing corrosion leading to a short circuit.

If he car was registered after 1 June 2010 and has less than 100,000 miles on the clock take the car to Toyota as it has a 5 year / 100,000 mile warranty

If the car was registered before 1 June 2010 and you have a full Toyota service history go to your dealer and ask them to approach Toyota GB for some goodwill towards the repair, if you do not have Toyota service history expect a polite no on any goodwill request.

Thank you for both responses, very helpful. Unfortunately my car was registered in April 2010 and does not have a full dealers service history so wont be covered under warranty. Anyway will book the car in with Toyota and see what the outcome is.

Thanks again

• 2 years later...

Hi, I would be interested in your 2010 landcruiser if you wish to sell it, contact me on 07965563321 or email me on Imran.csl@hotmail.co.uk. thanks 

• 1 year later...

What was the outcome of this KDSS issue I am on the same position with my low mileage LC4. I have raised a case with Toyota UK,  hoping they might at least contribute to the 3k bill to repair...?

I am exploring the option of disabling the KDSS and fitting heavy duty kit... Has anyone done this before? Thanks David.

• 10 months later...

I have a 2012 LC4 Landcruiser , having replaced the two rear springs because one was broken my KDSS light will not go out, Toyota dealership says £4,700.00

to repair, too much !, anyone have any helpfull advice, anywhere else in uk that can do it

42 minutes ago, PeterKP said:

I have a 2012 LC4 Landcruiser , having replaced the two rear springs because one was broken my KDSS light will not go out, Toyota dealership says £4,700.00

to repair, too much !, anyone have any helpfull advice, anywhere else in uk that can do it

• 4 years later...

I realise it's 4 years ago since the last post in this thread but did anybody resolve their KDSS issues? I'm considering buying a 2012 LC4 but the KDSS light is on.

• 1 month later...

If the kdss light is on then the kinetic dynamic suspension system is needing looked at. My 2015 LC is now going to cost £6000 for a replacement kdss. If anybody knows of a cheaper way to fix the suspension, I'd like to hear about it.

• 1 month later...

2011 Land Cruiser KDSS actuator leaking. Anyone know whom can repair at a reasonable price as quoted £6820 to fix it!

Mine ending up costing £3,904. That was £3,394 for the part (Toyota 48006-60031 Housing Sub-Assembly) , £102 for the hydraulic fluid and £408  for the labour.

Parklands Toyota Truro. Maybe labour charges are less down here.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links