Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is It Possible To Dim The Dashboard Lighting?

andyfr

We have a 2013 Icon diesel but I can't seem to find any way to alter the brightness of the dashboard lighting, is it possible?

I have no idea if it's the same as my old shape Auris Andy - but mine adjusts via the trip meter button. Press once - you get trip A, press twice you get trip B, press 3 times you get the instrument display brightness bar adjustment. To adjust it you hold the button in until it changes to the required level. Should be in your manual though ...... :)

• Like 1

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try tomorrow. I did have a look in the manual but didn't see any reference to the dashboard lighting, maybe I wasn't looking in the right place. :)

Look at page 126-7 of the Owners Manual.

• Like 1

Uncle Buck's description for changing the brightness is the same on the new Auris. :clap:

• Like 1

Thanks guys, much appreciated. :)

• Like 1

If it's the same as the Avensis the display is lit when the lights are off, and this brightness can't be changed. You can only have it dim when the lights are on, and you need the lights on for the setting to become available in the menu.

It was as Uncle Buck said, accessible through the trip meter button.

Changed it this morning so won't be dazzled on the drive home tonight. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Just for information I previously owned 2007 Auris, it had to have a new ECU fitted as the Power Steering wouldn't come on sometimes when starting the car.

After the dealer had fitted the new ECU the dashboard lighting automatically dimmed on switching on the side lights which had not previously been a function before changing the ECU.

Think it depends what level you have the instrument lighting set at. I'm sure if you have the lighting set to one of the lower settihgs, this produces the dimming effect when the sidelights are turned on. My 2009 Auris did this - not sure whether my 2012 Auris does as I have the instrument lighting set to one of the higher settings.