Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hids

zigman

Honest red I got my missus to do one side of mine ... Without the instructions and even she could do it it's unbelievably easy ... I'm sure hid fitment guides will be ten a penny on YouTube

You ain't met my missus lol :) Cheers mate, I'll take a serious look at the Xmas break and double / triple check I have the correct bulbs etc.

Ye well worth doin ... Let me know how you get on I'm sure I void talk you through the fitment

• Like 1

The first generation Auris uses H11's, the second generation uses HIR2's.

The third party lighting sites often mis-quote the bulb fitting.

Ye I figured as much ... But I ignore that most of the time and go with what I know as many car manufacturers use the same bulb type ... So as long as it's the correct bulb then as far as I can see it's fine

Hi Smudge, Auris

Nah, I'll leave the foot well lighting for another day but thanks for the offer :)

I'll take a look at the proper HIDs replacement asap. I wonder if there are any you tube vids flying around to demonstrate such a process.

I'll probably end up getting an auto spark to do it as I am a bit fat fingered lol! Cheers Red!

Hi Smudge, Auris

Nah, I'll leave the foot well lighting for another day but thanks for the offer :)

I'll take a look at the proper HIDs replacement asap. I wonder if there are any you tube vids flying around to demonstrate such a process.

I'll probably end up getting an auto spark to do it as I am a bit fat fingered lol! Cheers Red!

As red said its pretty easy and straightforward. There a lot of video in you tube but i havent seen any for auris mk2 but the steps are the same.

• 2 weeks later...

H11=35W for dim

HB3/9005=55W for bright

Prismatic effect from the dim lamps projectors becomes much more visible , my friends are telling me that they see multiple colours like a rainbow when I approach with my lights dim.

I like it mate , but I wish (as part of design )Toyota would have installed the DRL on the same headlamp so it looks even better and cool

As you can see a hid upgrade has worked wonders these pictures where taken on a very well lit street as well

What colour temperature are your bulbs mate?

Cool, do you get a lot of light from them? I'm trying to decide which better to go for 5000K or 6000K. I want a good bright light but also a blueish look at the same time.

6000k is what you want then for the colour and the visibility is a million times better than the glow worms from Toyota

Cool! I think I might go for that. I'm on 8000K at the moment butt he bulbs seem to burn out quite quickly and are now glowing completely different colours. Not sure if that's because of the bulb, the cheap HID set or the car itself

Im using 6000k which is more brighter than 8000k. I i used to use 8000k on my auris mk1

• Like 1

6000K is whitish and 8000k is slightly whitish-bluish.

The 6000k matches the led drl on the new auris