Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Singing Praises?

Grumpy Cabbie

Are we no longer able to question or complain about Toyota or a Toyota model?

A recent thread was locked because it was apparently going nowhere. Alternatively could it have been that news of a new model was mostly receiving negative feedback from owners and members on here instead?

Is the forum becoming unduly influenced by advertising or connection with Toyota or are moderators becoming too enthusiastic or are Toyota cars and the forum all sweetness and light?

• Like 3

Actually it was one of mine Grumps, i tried to contact admin, as i was incensed but was ignored.

Well I think we have until 9am tomorrow before this goes the same way :)

If I disappear I was banned :(

But I think we all had some valid points about the loss of quality control in our £20k+ cars etc. If existing customers can't question decisions, then what gives?

Well, as you are aware, the topic mentioned in the first post had moved away from being about the introduction of a facelifted model, onto why different sized wheels/tyres were available or not available on particular trim levels, even as an option, and not just on the facelifted model.

The availability of different sizes of wheels/tyres has been the subject of much discussion previously.

I started the topic in question, and could see that it had digressed into a repetition of the same moans and groans on wheel sizes - which is why I locked the topic I started.

I am indifferent to whether the model in question was receiving either positive or negative feedback from members (whether they are owners of that model or not), or whether people were critical about Toyota.

While we on this subject, how can you get in touch with the moderators, and is there an appeals system?

• Like 1

Use the personal message system

And can I lock a thread I started? Hypothetically.

Well, as you are aware, the topic mentioned in the first post had moved away from being about the introduction of a facelifted model, onto why different sized wheels/tyres were available or not available on particular trim levels, even as an option, and not just on the facelifted model.

I started the topic in question, and could see that it had digressed into a repetition of the same moans and groans on wheel sizes - which is why I locked the topic I started.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but where is the harm in that?

It wasn't getting heated, offensive or personal from what I could see, where else would / could the thread have gone?

On another car forum I'm a member of as long as the OP has been answered then threads going off topic are never much of an issue, its even part of the fun and circle of learning imo. After all, face to face conversation in the pub etc is all about diverging and chatting about different things etc isn't it? Especially when its remaining remotely section related.

• Like 5

I agree. At one time a few years ago this forum could be unpleasant, but it's ok now. No need for heavy handed moderation unless for the reasons you gave MEP.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but where is the harm in that?

It wasn't getting heated, offensive or personal from what I could see, where else would / could the thread have gone?

On another car forum I'm a member of as long as the OP has been answered then threads going off topic are never much of an issue, its even part of the fun and circle of learning imo. After all, face to face conversation in the pub etc is all about diverging and chatting about different things etc isn't it? Especially when its remaining remotely section related.

I agree too

One of (the few) things I like about the Yahoo Groups forum is the ability to modify the title for sub posts so that as the topic drifts it's possible to convey the new direction in the title (which gets repeated at the head of each submission so earlier submissions retain their original titles). This allows those who lose interest to manually 'tune out'.

[only trouble is, many of us often remember we should've changed the title just after we've sent the post!]

[only trouble is, many of us often remember we should've changed the title just after we've sent the post!]

Usually after noticing some stupod spelling mistake ;)

• Like 1

And can I lock a thread I started? Hypothetically.

You can't personally, but you can message any of the moderators and we will lock or delete as you wish.

Who are the moderators for the Hybrid section?

The same as the rest of the site there is no section specific moderator, we are required to monitor and moderate the whole site

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links