Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Survey 2015

PeteB

Being a Which? member, completed mine ten days ago.

An opportunity to mention the LACK OF SPARE WHEEL, and plasticy interior......but 5 star for most everything else except ride

I got their email earlier and forgot all about it. Will fill it in later - telling the truth both good and bad.

An opportunity to mention the LACK OF SPARE WHEEL, and plasticy interior......but 5 star for most everything else except ride

Hi Barry - to be fair, almost all Prius get a (space saver) spare wheel, the main exceptions being those with the sun roof (like yours) and the plug-in.

You may like the look of your 17" wheels, but the 15" certainly give a more comfortable ride...

• Like 1

Completed mine earlier. Mostly good to excellent ratings, but:

Poor rear visibility;

Poor updating for satnav

Lack of spare, deliberate obstruction by Toyota if you seek to buy one, no space to store if you do manage to get one - I am speaking only of the plug-in.

All true Pete....but I ordered the T Spirit with a sun roof, with the expectation of 15 wheels, and no spare wheel....I didnt expect the specs to change after the car was ordered, and neither did the dealer

and I can second the comment of deliberate obstruction by dealers of a attempts to buy a space saver spare...the computer says NO

nevertheless, the car is overall supremely satisfactory

Yours must have been a fluke because they still list it with 15" wheels.

Some dealers are more helpful re supplying spare wheels, fitting cruise control switches etc.

I've filled the survey in BUT I now wish I hadn't. The results of this and previous surveys are only available to Which members. So my time is for their benefit. No way I can check despite helping them out.

• Like 2

Results from the Which? Car Survey are also used within the annual Which? Car Buying Guide - usually published around August of each year and available to purchase from retailers like W H Smith, etc. So the results from the Which? Car Survey are available to non members, should they wish to purchase the Car Buying Guide.

Non-members can also access the Which? website and for a nominal fee (currently £1) can pay for time bound access to reports, etc.

Similar to the J D Power survey which is published in What Car and the Driver Power survey which is published in Auto Express - one has to buy the publication to get access to the survey results.

Each to their own.

Relax Grumpy.....up to date, and freely available copies of Which are all readable in the leathered comfort of your local library

.....if it is still open!

the problem starts when the librarian hands over all of 2014 Which reports, and everything starts looking interesting (just in case)

• Like 2

Filled mine in this afternoon, mostly average to good scores, except for reliability which was poor.

It could be an interesting result for Toyota in general.

I also filled in the survey with Mrs Cabbie for her IQ. She is far from happy about its fuel economy which is averaging at 34 mpg for a 1.0 3 cylinder auto in town. The car hasn't broken down but has a whining transmission which the dealers are unable to authorise repair or replacement on. Then comfort is poor, though it does handle nicely.

Mrs GC seems to be heavy foot dear GC, as our IQ 1.0 multidrive gives a routine 45 mpg....300 miles= 30litres

quiet CVT, nippy enough, amazing turning circle, and a positive limo compared to previous Smart4Two...so my survey report was very positive, especially as Twinspark Motors replaced the EGR valve well out of warranty...reason enough to buy a Prius

Just completed my survey - all generally good to excellent, however made negative comments on poor drivers' seat adjustment, lack of electrically operated exterior mirrors (on my model), and rattles, rattles, and.......rattles! But forgot to mention road noise emanating from recommended tyres. :blushing:

Oh - and high purchase price for what you get, although it follows that trade-in prices ought to be decentish I suppose (although not tested yet!).

Mrs GC seems to be heavy foot dear GC, as our IQ 1.0 multidrive gives a routine 45 mpg....300 miles= 30litres

quiet CVT, nippy enough, amazing turning circle, and a positive limo compared to previous Smart4Two...so my survey report was very positive, especially as Twinspark Motors replaced the EGR valve well out of warranty...reason enough to buy a Prius

Depends on the use patterns as you well know. And the survey balances out the mpg figures. A rogue 34 mpg will make no difference to the stats. A few like us will.

She gets 34 mpg where my Prius would get 49/50. On a run you can extract 45/50 mpg out of it where I'd get 60/65.

I can extract excellent mpgs from my Prius but I do struggle with the IQ. We've tried everything. I wonder if the whining cvt is causing drag. The dealers say they can't get authorisation from Toyota for a replacement. It was indicated that they've tightened up on warranty claims and as the cvt is a £4k part, I guess they're digging their heels in. We're presently looking for a trade in and as the Aygo has that horrid automated manual (and a small car is required), then we'll be looking elsewhere.

Oh - and high purchase price for what you get, although it follows that trade-in prices ought to be decentish I suppose (although not tested yet!).

If you have a 2010 t4 from new then you'll have only paid about £19,500 for it. As t4's of that vintage are routinely going for £10k, £11k, or more, then I don't think that's too bad for a 4 year old car.

Now if you'd paid £24k as is required today for these rattle buckets, then yes, that's way too much for what you get.

• Like 1

No, it was 2.5yrs old when I bought it, paid about £11.5k for it, and they fitted extras to the value of circa £500 (@ retail prices). And it didn't rattle at all during test drive, obviously got smoother roads in Milton Keynes than in Gloucestershire!

Overall though, doesn't seem too bad a deal looking at todays' S/H prices.

Received and completed survey sent to me last night for Auto Express as well, same answers, mostly average to good, except for reliability which was poor.

Must be the season for motoring surveys!

Received and completed survey sent to me last night for Auto Express as well, same answers, mostly average to good, except for reliability which was poor.

What reliability issues have you had out of interest?

Interesting. I've searched for their survey and will complete it. Last year the gen3 Prius was about 5th or 6th place overall, 2nd for reliability and way way down the list for build quality! behind cars such as Renaults Megane and Clio, Dacia Sandero!, Fiat Panda, Citroen DS and C5, Peugeot 308 and many others. It was actually much nearer the bottom than is acceptable for what is now a £22k+ car.

Disgraceful.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/best-cars/driver-power/86712/best-cars-to-own-in-2014

What reliability issues have you had out of interest?

My problem turned into a bit of a saga, it was the 12 volt Battery going flat, it happened to me twice, both times I had to call out the AA to get me going, the first time for any car I've ever owned in over 40 years of driving.

After the second time my brand new car was in the dealers for 4 weeks while they investigated it, they eventually found out it was a software problem that caused the Battery to drain, the software has now been altered and all early Auris Hybrids have had a ECU flash upgrade to sort it out, been fine since then.

Credit where credits due, the dealers was eventually very good, but I had to contact both the dealers MD, and Toyota UK to get them to take me seriously.

• Like 1