Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Abs Light, Vsc Light And (!) Light

Samuk

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

My Prius showing me Vsc wand hand brake warning lights . with your knowladge I did check the 12v Battery of my car and replaced the Battery. Even that still iam getting a warnings and last week I have taken my car to the diagnostic test and report says C1300 malfunction in ECU.I have notice sometimes warning are disappear and come back after some time.

Please help me

Thank you,

Samuk

C1300 is skid control ECU malfunction indicating problems with the Brake booster with master cylinder (Skid control ECU) circuit.

This is backed up by the VSC and brake warning lights you are getting.

Assuming the brake booster is the servo, maybe check everything is connected to the servo ok and there are no chafed wires or pipes.

• Like 1

Dear Kithmo Good Morning!

Thanks for the mail by the weekend I will asked my garage to see this why Toyota wants £2000.00 for the parts 03 hours diagnostic + time + VAT

Thank you,

Kind Regards

Just out of interest Saman, I had a similar ECU malfunction light come on regularly on my last Golf.....it turned out to be the brake pedal switch was broken (happened 4 times), and was replaced very simply

check that the brake lights are working!

• Like 1

Dear Mr Barry

Thank you so much for your advice I will ask my guy to look in to it.

Kind Regards,

Though if it is the brake pedal switch one would question how the car registers that the pedal is pressed when you press the Start/Stop button to switch it on.

I'd be more curious of the cars history as it seems odd for such errors occurring at such a low mileage. Has the poster owned the car since new? or just bought it? Was its condition reflective of its miles? Did it clear HPI? Has it been subject of flood damage or bought cheaper than it's age and condition would suggest?

Hi Sir

Thanks for the reply I have bought the car brand new From Gem car on 2008 August paying £21K. From that day same dealer dis the all service

Thank you

Dear Sir

I have to replace my Skid Control ECU Toyota quote is £1800.00=vat but can get it from eBay less than £100.00.

I did check with 20 Toyota dealers for part no one said 89540 47120 and other one said that 89540 which one is correct. still my ecu is in the car.

Please help me.

Thank you

• 5 years later...

Hello, 

I have an 07 Prius that has been pretty reliable (for the most part) for about 3 years now, besides general maintenance. The other day, my wife goes and starts the car to leave for work and the dash board lit up like a Christmas tree as soon as she shifted from part to reverse out of her parking spot. The following lights illuminated: BREAK light, ABS, VSC and the (!) light. I checked the car out and took it for a drive; everything seems fine. I end up taking her to work in it and it drove fine.

Long story short, I jump on here and read up on all the great stuff ya'll have posted about the 12v Battery tricks and whatnot. So, I pulled the Battery and it had some corrosion on the terminals. I cleaned them up, threw it back on, then ran the self diagnostic through the car's computer. I ended up still having the same lights illuminated and the Battery reading 11.8 volts. I thought, okay, well let's take it to a parts house and have them check it. There, the battery read 12.8 volts and tested good. So, I had them do a code read on the car and the only parts house that could even pull a code from the car was Advanced Auto. O'Reily and AutoZone couldn't even get a code to pull up. I'm guessing they were using out dated tech. Anyways, advanced pulled the code "C1343".

I read up online that it's the rear hydraulic system malfunction. I scheduled it for service at my local Toyota dealership to see if they could help me out with the now-known issue. I ended up wasting 80 bucks because, simply: all they did was plug it up to a computer, it gave the same code I told them it gave me, and looked it over and said "Its possible that if you changed the brakes and compressed the caliber cylinder in and somehow pushed the start button inside the car, it would send a mis-faulting code". I explained to them that I had changed the brakes over six months ago and the car has driven fine with no issues whatsoever and now it just started doing this. Besides, I don't know about anyone else, but when I'm changing brakes, it's a pretty quick fix and I don't mess with anything other what is in front of me at the time.

Anyhow, they said that a technician had looked it over, drove the car, and couldn't find anything at all wrong with it. They cleared the code, dash lights disappeared, and stated it was fixed. I pick it up, everything is good. The very next day, which in fact is today, ALL of those lights come back on as soon as my wife shifted to reverse from park again. Now, before I call and talk to them about this anymore, I'm simply wondering is it worth the money to take it back to them or try changing out the 12 v battery? Or, is there something I've missed reading through the threads? Any help at all is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.       

While it is hopeful that a new 12 V Battery will solve all your problems, it more than likely will be a very expensive letdown.

I would go back to the dealer and ask that they look at it again as they did not fix the problem.  It could be brake fluid leakage, a problem with the brake actuator assembly, or a problem with the disc rotor.

I don't think it is something to be glossed over or dismissed lightly.

• 2 months later...

Hi i have a prius 2008. 

front struts changed . there was some noise coming from brakes and then opened the brake pads and piut it back togather. But now the brake lights are ON and also ABS light. Can any one help me how to solve it . also i need to apply more pressure on brakes for it 

Thanks ,

Goldi

14 hours ago, goldi said:

Hi i have a prius 2008. 

front struts changed . there was some noise coming from brakes and then opened the brake pads and piut it back togather. But now the brake lights are ON and also ABS light. Can any one help me how to solve it . also i need to apply more pressure on brakes for it ...

After working on the brakes and before making the car IG-ON or READY, you need to press the brake pedal three or four times until you have firm pressure.  Then after making the car IG-ON or READY, if you then have any brake related warning lights, you need to clear any codes and then scan it again.  If the system remains clear of codes you're all set.  If any brake codes reset, you need to investigate further.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links