Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota In The Movies?

gordypix

Pulled straight off an Mr2 forum....

my fiancee was watching "father of the bride" and saw a 85-86 MKI...i was just wondering if there were any other mr2 in the hollywood light... if your curious its pretty much at the end of the movie where he was dealing with the parking...the mr2 was right behind him... so tell all!!

In "Jackie Brown" you'll get a good view of a MKII.

theres a mk1 in the wedding singer

A red MKI in the background of 'Something About Mary' after Ben Stiller meets the PI at a boat dock. just caught "Short Circuit" on TBS (or whatever) earlier this week and noticed a red MK1. Right after the government troops close in on Johnny 5, and he steals the ice cream truck (is that what it was?), he's driving down main street and a red '85 MK1 with the black spoiler swerves out of the way. YOu get a pretty good shot of it.

Just thought i'd add that as i haven't seen this one listed anywhere.

There's a NIIIICE silver mki in the movie "Twins".

there is definetly a red mkii in the naked gun..which one i don't rememeber ..the one with oj in it...

You have all missed the best movie to find MR2's in: "Jackie Chan - Showdown mit 1000 PS (Thunderbolt)" Just saw it, and it's many shots of MR2's racing, but they also crash one

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheNissanMan

• gordypix

• Carlgolsby

• Steve

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

blimey! you've been busy tracking down those films! :P

I've seen a picture-grab from a japanese show that shows a modified Sera – think it was something like Power Rangers! :o

Nope, read Jen's post about the other forum having the same discussion so zapped straight over there and used ctrl+c then ctrl+v, does seem a bit stilly to do all that work again now doesn't it :D :D :D

when the pigs turn up in the main race in the fast and the furious and every1 tries to getaway,,,i noticed in one of the shots theres a whiteMK1 supra in the bottom left of the screen.. i think i watched this film to much. oh well might as well watch it again now.

WHEN THEY GET AROUND TO MAKING THE MOVIE OF THE LATEST IRAQ WAR, THEY WILL HAVE TO SOURCE A FEW TOYOTA PICK-UPS AS THEY SEEM TO APPEAR IN ALMOST EVERY SHOT OF KURDS DRIVING AROUND THE DESERT.

Was watching 'One hour photo' starring Robin Williams last night and he was driving a white Toyota saloon. Ain't got a clue what it was. I only realised it was a Toyota when the police put out an APB on it. He plays a 'bunny boiler' in the movie. Excellant movie.

Gordy, I saw the movie last night and am pretty sure it was a Toyota Prius. Didn't realise anyone had posted that one which is why I searched for this thread !

Bah, Beaten to it again :D

Nice one Rhaines...Great film don't you think?

There must be more Toyotas out there in the movies.

Keep seeing loads on Sky News and CNN. Pretty sure I saw the US total one pick up in Baghdad.

You could argue that loads have been on TV and hundreds more are sure to be seen soon.

The UN uses an awful lot of Toyota Landcruiser's and HINO Turcks, HINO being the Toyota Lorry section, can we cover all of those coming up in this one post and count it for say 300 spottings (I watcha lot of news and all thats on it is iraq) :P

goes to show the reliabilty of Toyota if you see an old beaten Toyota pick up in the desert which has probably never seen a service in its life!

• 4 weeks later...

I got done filiming an episode of Monster Garage a few weeks ago. We took a Tundra and hid a motorcycle in the passenger side. The passenger door, access cab, and part of the bed open gull wing style. Its directly related to the Terninator 3 movie. So to answer any questions, Toyota is in TV and movies just not as much as the Mullet Cars in the late 80's. And yes, Ther was a Supra in The Fast and the Furious, with a twin turbo 2JZ in it. I've attached a Pic of my latest project here at work. Fuel Cell Hybrid Vehicles. Pretty sweet stuff.

This posted someplace different then I thought it would. Sorry im new, but I can answer a lot of questions.

post-15-1052259633.jpg

Hiya 711tom - Welcome to the club mate.

So what exactly do you do?

'The Good Girl' starring Jennifer Anniston. She drives a beat down Toyota "something" with beige coloured fur covered seats. :wacko:

Movie rating 4 outa 10.

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen a Shiny black Lexus in 'The Vice' on ITV1. Think it was a LS480, though could not clearly make out the last two number so might be 400. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just seen a Shiny black Lexus in 'The Vice' on ITV1. Think it was a LS480, though could not clearly make out the last two number so might be 400. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

It will be either an LS430 if it's newish or possibly an LS400 if older....

There ahs never been a 400 as the last two digits refer to the size of the engine, 4.0 or 4.3 V8.... I think the 4.3 is a V8, I know the 4.0 was :)

That's it - LS430. Nice one my friend. :thumbsup:

Thought it looked like an 8 but was actually a 3. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Two spanking new Lexus's in the Bill last night.

1 Silver GS300 (I think)

1 Metallic Grey (unknown model)

There's a white celica st185 in one of the scenes on F&F - Have to look closely to see it. When the cops turn up at the street race near the beggining.

There's also a couple of toyotas in that Jackie Chan film 'Thunderbolt'.........Mentioned by someone in another post

'Ghost dog' is a small budget film about an overweight assasin. It's supposed to be serious but I found it hilairous, anyway he steals a nice black lexus in that.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links