Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota In The Movies?

gordypix

As you do now and then you think about silly and often pointless things.

I was just wondering what with all the movies and TV progs made over the years nearly every one of them has some sort of car featured. From the Dodge in 'Dukes of Hazzard' to the Trans Am in 'Smokey and the Bandit 1 - 3'.

Where have Toyotas been featured???? Celicas, Supras, MR2's????? These are great cars and someone should have used them for a chase scene somewhere!!!!!!

I think there was a Supra in 'The Fast and the Furious'.

Get your thinking hats on. It's bugging me this one...........

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheNissanMan

• gordypix

• Carlgolsby

• Steve

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's a Paseo in 'The Fast & The Furious' too, in the scene where they torture 'Harry' - its on the ramps in the background! :P

The Incredible HULK, David Banner has had his lethal dose of Gamma radiation and he's driving his 197o's mk 1 US spec Celica ST Coupe in the rain, he gets a puncture, scuffs 'is 'hand and turns into a green monster who's clothes all fall off except his pants and sandals!

I'm not sad, just got a long memory!! :D

well remembered! I can remember the scene but didn't know it was a Celica! :)

Marty McFly had a Toyota 4Runner Pickup in 'Back to the Future' :D

and wasn't there Toyota trucks in Jurassic Park?

OK few more I found...

Terminator 3 - Toyota Tundra Pick-up ( Driven away from hospital)

Toy Story 2 - Pizza Delivery pickup

Not sure but Steve Iriwn normally drives a Landcruiser so prolly in his film....

Guardians of the Peoples Happiness - Never heard of it personally...

Will keep my eyes open from now on :)

Now that's just showing you age Jimma....

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Although I do remember when the Hulk first appeared on British TV screens, I didn't know it was a Celica until I saw it again the other day on Sci Fi channel! I am only a mere skin and essence 32 yo. i'll have you know ;) :)

Saw an episode of 'The Bill' last year where PC Des Taviner bought a black Celica and promptly had it nicked from him. It was then crashed if I rember rightly and the joyrider killed.

nice one Jimma.. fixing a ouncture drives me mad too.

err.. the fast and furious bit had two lexi's! :o

In the garage where they torture harry the mob pulls into the garage in a GS300

and when they did car wars there was a lexi in the queue at the entrance. Think it was SC300 or a GS300

I know not toyota but still same family! ;)

couple more, all MR2's :)

a) "Young and Dangerous" VOLUME I, one of the main characters (Chan Ho Nam) drives a red MK1 (87-89) in several scenes, it even gets stolen by some stuttering chick named Sai Sai Lo. You'll see a good 10 to 15 minutes of this car through the first half of the movie.

B) Chinese movie called "Color of Pain", about some professional killer who gets a bullet lodged in his head. So he messes with this other Triad and steals the bosses silver R33. A cop gives chase in an EVO 5? 6? and finally the boss catches up to them in a carrera, with one of his crewmates driving a widebody Mk2. It was just nice to see an Mr2 in a movie, rolling with an R33 nonetheless!

c) "Lady Dragon" - An early 90's martial arts movie. There's a red mkI throughout the movie.

Poached from "http://jekylandhyde.madpowaz.com/movie.htm" a lot of comments about scenes from various things with the MR2, these were the best of the bunch I guess....

sounds like you like chinese movies mate. :P :lol:

Just spotted another one...

Hugh Grant promises Renee Zellweger (Brigette Jones) a nice car would pick her up from her folks party (Bunny Outfit), she gets picked by an LS400....

Eyes still peeled...

There is definately a Paseo in The Fast & the Furious but its only in the background. Its burgandy with a white stripe down the side...

guess where Toyota shows up............ In the anime Initial-D!!! The main car is a Toyota AE86. ;)

but guess you already knew that.

Another spotted....

Ken (Chinese blokey) in Last of the Summer Wine drives around in a red Toyota Hilux....

COME ON EVERYONE. WHERE ARE OUR CARS. WE KNOW HOW GOOD THEY ARE, SURELY THERE MUST BE MORE SPOTS ON THE BIG SCREEN THAN WE HAVE HERE SO FAR.

KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED AND TELL WHEN U SPOT A TOYOTA OR LEXUS ON SCREEN.

minority report :D

james bond movie "You Only Live Twice"

Toyota 2000 GT Cabriolet

there were definitely two mr2s in fast and the furious. an orange one and a red one. c'mon rhaines. how could ya not see that?

i heard there is one in me myself and irene.

have you seen that one commercial with an mkI mr2 getting wrecked. aww. sad. i was like, what a waste.

there is a whole post on mr2s in movies somewhere on www.mr2ownersclub.com

<3 jenn. hey. im a newbie. :D

I'll pop on over and steal some idea's then...

Watched Fast & the Furious the other night, I spotted at least 4, there's a bright orange one in the rad race scene if you look closely, and if you look very closely you can see another few as the cops arrive...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links